Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I left a 32 foot present for TnT Custom Marine last night >

I left a 32 foot present for TnT Custom Marine last night

Notices

I left a 32 foot present for TnT Custom Marine last night

Old 02-11-2002, 09:51 PM
otcbb4me

This sounds just like the Eastern Airlines Flight 855 I took halfway to Nassau and back one morning!!

Old 02-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OOOOCH, It's gona take alot of detergent and simple green to clean out that 5 gallons oil. Do they sell it in a 5 gallon pail.
It sounds like it is not to bad, but I can't believe it came loose that much. Seems like something didn't get tightened down or else it needs some serious locktight.
Well at least you will back on the water before too long, and that,s where we all want to be. Wrong time of the year here!
Old 02-12-2002, 07:09 AM
FWK

John It looks like GRIN is in for a refit already. Welcome to the world of powerboating. Forrest

Old 02-12-2002, 08:14 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Sorry to hear, but how close can a pan be to the stringer. 1/2 inch. still i can't belive it knocked it off of the block. to many bolts to tear off. Better do some awefull good inspections before a new seatrile. Good luck.
Mr. Bravo III
Old 02-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

warranty won't cover any of it!
good Luck
Old 02-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

John, I think Rob had a motor mount break in his 32 as well. Maybe Advantage should put some better mounts in at the factory.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer: You have the right attitude for power boating however. Do not take anything to serious and have fun with it no matter what

Jon
Old 02-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

Oh yeah, I snapped mine though, and they definitely need offshore mounts, they used a 4"x 4" piece of aluminum L-bracket to support a motor, that was a joke, I mailed them all four back with a nice note of engineering terms on tensile strength, a few drawings, what a motor weighs, ect, and how inadequate these were, and how I felt obligated to explain this to them because it was obvious to me thay didnt understand the concept of repeated load stress if they had these in the boat, and then followed up with a call. I really love the boat and especially the hull design, just those mounts, man... When I talked with John when he was ordering the boat, I did let him know to upgrade these, to offshore mounts which I'm sure we all agree they should be a standard item, but I'm not sure if he did. I had a friend fab mine up, and have been trouble free since. I think I'll send advantage an e-mail on john behalf reminding them that oso is watching, but they have been awesome with everthing I've ever needed so I think they'll take care of this for him. I talked with him last night and the mount didn't break, just the motor came loose from the mount, what do they have some 90 lb weakling tightening these things or what?

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Wow, what a mess. Sounds like you have a good sense of humor about it...that's good...you'll need it in this business. Better luck in the future.

Gig
Old 02-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What do they think they are building?Ski boats? These are called offshore boats for a reason!!!! Maybe call them inter-coastal boats??? Glad they don't build jets.. Maybe you should just taxi around the airport??