Notices

Powerplay Boat Posting??

Old 02-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Powerplay Boat Posting??

Last night I was reading a post concerning Powerplay Boats and some problems they are having. It has since been deleted! A couple of weeks ago, I also saw a posting about Powerplay Boats and their inability to perform. That post was also deleted! I do not agree with these posts being deleted. This is the type of useful information that comes out of the "OSO" board...Good ..Bad ....or..Indifferent.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

I agree as well. Censoring the opinions of the members is not going to do any of us any good. I have my own personal opinion on PowerPlay, but I am now questioning whether it is acceptable to post this on OSO.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

I am not sure why, but this is the fourth powerplay post that has been deleted in the last month or so. What gives?
Old 02-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
I wondered about the deletion myself. One of the functions of this board is for useful dissemination of information regarding manufacturers, mechanics, marinas, parts, etc. We have all benefited from this information. However, deletion of a post without explanation just makes it more suspicious to the OSO members. If the post in question was malicious, then the manufacturer, representative, broker, or somebody "in the know" could set OSO straight and we would all know that the original post was entered without credibility. I wonder what is going to happen to this thread
Old 02-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well,somebody say somthing bad about Powerplay and we will find out {Dont know anything my-self}
Old 02-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Old 02-11-2002, 05:40 PM
Registered

Well, here goes. When I first saw the post about Powerplay yesterday, I was going to comment about it, but decided not to. Now that this has become an issue, I almost feel obligated to comment now.

My only experience with Powerplay was last year at the Lauderdale show. There were 2 representatives from the company there (I won't mention names), and they left a very negative impression on me. Their sales tactics consisted mostly of bad mouthing the competitors in a very juvenile way. While listening to their unique sales approach (to put it nicely), I inspected their boat. It was average in terms of construction & quality, in my opinion. Based on the outcome of this experience, I personally would not buy a Powerplay product. When I heard the story from the other post on the weekend, it made me think back to my experience. Despite my experience with them, and opting to not purchase a Powerplay, hopefully whatever problems they are having can be resolved.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Registered

OK...used car salesman selling boats.Not what we want in that price range.What else ya-Got?
Old 02-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Unfortunately one of those salesmen also happened to be an owner of the company.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: HP-J ]
Old 02-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Now that realy sucks!

Quick Reply: Powerplay Boat Posting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.