Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can you restore old gas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155129-can-you-restore-old-gas.html)

Strip Poker 388 04-07-2007 08:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2084634)
4 extra gals!!!! Thats precious :evilb: That'll fire up dem dare bad boy millzzz you got for a good 30secs!! :D :D :drink:

It aint that bad the DDT says 1.2 galls per hour at idle each,but wfo is bad:eek:

I rigged up a 35 gall drum w/ a pick up in it to pump gas into the boat .35 Gall you can unload out of the truck by your self ,ya cant pick it up though.My 35 gal actually will hold about 38 gall makes about 247pds. I had a spare Holley blue pump w/ 1/2 fuel line hose I rigged it up with ,Ya just have to watch the sparks when hooking it up to the battery,

for sucking it out I just use a #10 to 8 union to hook it up to the fuel line that goes to the pump in the boat.

NJgr8ful 04-07-2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2084882)
It aint that bad the DDT says 1.2 galls per hour at idle each,but wfo is bad:eek:

I rigged up a 35 gall drum w/ a pick up in it to pump gas into the boat .35 Gall you can unload out of the truck by your self ,ya cant pick it up though.My 35 gal actually will hold about 38 gall makes about 247pds. I had a spare Holley blue pump w/ 1/2 fuel line hose I rigged it up with ,Ya just have to watch the sparks when hooking it up to the battery,

for sucking it out I just use a #10 to 8 union to hook it up to the fuel line that goes to the pump in the boat.

Nice ... Top notch set up Rob ,,, as per your usual :drink:

((Oh yeah ... WATCH the sparks fer sher!))

Love the pic with your 388 and the 2 barrels ... one barrel with Bud Light coolie mounted and other with the Holley fuel pump mounted :cool: :evilb:

That thing WFO has to be 80-100+gph?! Or maybe you dont want to know actual numbers! :eek:

Chris

cuda 04-07-2007 09:51 AM

Damn, I thought Strip was running something bigger than a two barrel on that boat.:drink:

stillcrazy26 04-28-2012 06:38 PM

I used sta-bil in my Donzi which was laid up for oveer a year. I had drained the tank and burned what was in it on my lawnmower which later crapped oout ! I had refilled with fresh fuel and treated it. 6-8 months later I got back to the engine after a technical problem. I started it and it ran for an hour...didn't sound bad, a little throaty. I Shut it down and came back the next day and heard clink,clink. Stuck # 7 valve..finally pulled the head and was totally gummed up. Nothing would touch it. Not any of the solvents advertised only oven cleaner. Needless to say I had to pull both heads and the stuff was even in the cylinders ! DON'T DO IT....Don't use it.

stillcrazy26 04-28-2012 06:40 PM

Don't do it. I lost an engine in my Donzi with "treated" fuel

compedgemarine 04-28-2012 07:48 PM

just for the record I read an article where they interviewed one of the chemical engineers for a major fuel company. he stated that the shelf life of the crap ethanol treated fuels is 6 weeks. at that point it starts deteriorating pretty quickly.

Griff 04-29-2012 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by stillcrazy26 (Post 3674825)
Don't do it. I lost an engine in my Donzi with "treated" fuel

Your warnings are about 5 years too late:rolleyes:

I do not believe he had any issues though.