Notices

Can you restore old gas?

Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JOHNNYD454
This may be a stupid question but how do you guys drain the gas out of your boat?? What is the best way to do this?? Do you suck it out through the fill/vent?? Pull fuel line off and let gravity do it's job??
Let the electric fuel pump do the work Pull off fuel line to the carbs, run a fuel safe hose, and pump away.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
Let the electric fuel pump do the work Pull off fuel line to the carbs, run a fuel safe hose, and pump away.

same here It pumps pretty fast ,Last time after sucking it out I jacked up the front of the boat and got another 4 gallons. Also One pickup in the tank is deeper that the other

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone ever try or know anything about the product from Starbrite called "Tron", it is supposed to help with phase seperation associated with the E-10. Supposed to have enzymes that break up and micro size the "gunk?" It was mentioned in Debartolo's column in Powerboat several months ago.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

I have one of my Mech.'s come pump mine dry every spring and give him the gas for his work truck. This years he's getting some old 110.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Anyone ever try or know anything about the product from Starbrite called "Tron", it is supposed to help with phase seperation associated with the E-10. Supposed to have enzymes that break up and micro size the "gunk?" It was mentioned in Debartolo's column in Powerboat several months ago.
Never heard of that. I have been using some stuff called "Ezorb" from West Marine that is supposed to do the same thing that you're referring to. One pint of it treats 320 gallons.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

I used star-brite star-tron a few times last year, I can't say I noticed any difference, but after reading about people burning up fuel pumps and having problems with ethanol fuel getting brown and jelly I decided to be safe than sorry. Now I read another thread on speedwake that says they are all gimicks and that ethanol is pure junk...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
How do you recommend on 500 hp carb motors? Belt driven pump.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a cheap 12 volt fuel pump from Napa, I carry one in case one of my good pumps takes a crap they are like $20. Put some leads on it with allagator clips.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
same here It pumps pretty fast ,Last time after sucking it out I jacked up the front of the boat and got another 4 gallons. Also One pickup in the tank is deeper that the other
4 extra gals!!!! Thats precious That'll fire up dem dare bad boy millzzz you got for a good 30secs!!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlawinil
How do you recommend on 500 hp carb motors? Belt driven pump.
SUCKS to be you! just kidding outlawinil

I have mechanical & electrical ... try to hook up electrical like dyno suggests ... or happy sucking

Quick Reply: Can you restore old gas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.