Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do like myself and my wife are doing,
buy both the Sea Doo and the Kawasaki.

Pesky Varmint
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bluellama
Thanks LOR, the last part of your post is the reason that your first post needs to be looked at carefully.
I was never questioning your experience, or skill, I was just asking about the ratio of sales.
Up here Seadoo's outnumber other brands about 10-1, so seeing more of them in a shop wouldn't be a big thing
Given your shop's history, I'd have to take a look at something else if I was down there.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the new supercharged models up here, I wonder if it is the shorter riding season, or the fresh water ?
I looked into the sales #'s my store sold 196 Yam. 135 Seadoo's last year, the other store sold 195 Seadoo's 147 Yam, 80 Kaw. Both stores service any brand 10 years old or newer. Both service dept. do about $1.5 mil. a year. watercraft is about 30% at my store and 26% at the other. My store Seadoos are 77% of the watercraft RO's writen last year, 81% at the other store. I don't know how it is in other parts of the country but that's how it is here. We are in fresh water here.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Very cold day here, just got back. I did drive the Sea-Doo's, great machine. They rode similiar to the Yamaha's, and did seem to be easier to handle. Slightly louder, had closed cooling which I thought was cool, as well as if power was shut off you could still somewhat control the ski with its steerable twin rudder system.

All of the ski's were relatively equal in ride and price. I preffered the Kawasaki's, slightly more nimble ride. I ended up getting the Kawasaki Ultra 250 and Ultra LX like my neigbor, I thought it was the best balance for what we plan on using the ski for. Time will tell, we have had Sea-Doo's since 95, and this is the first departure. Jeff

FYI, I have had 6 ski's and 3 jetboats, and never have I had a problem with Sea-Doo. I dont usually keep them very long, 2, maybe 3 years, but the dealer here has been very good.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered

FYI - I just got the newest issue of Personal Watercraft Illustrated and they did a head-to-head shootout of the new Kawi 250Hp vs. the Sea-Doo RXT. Both are 3-person crafts.

The Kawi blew the Sea-Doo away in just about every category. It was a very good article and surprised me that the Kawi did that well. I will seriuosly consider it when I replace my GTX Ltd.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Default sea doo

We own both models the sea doo gtx 215hp and the kaw ultra 250 hp. Two very differant rides..The sea doo has a ride that is locked into the water. The kawasaki lets you decide how you want to ride it. Very stable at all speeds and alot funner to ride. As far as speed, the 250 alot more impressive, low end and mid range. About the same top end. As far as taking water over the bow in waves, that happens on both models as they both sit low in the water on the front. All in all I personally prefer the kawi and how it responds. In my experience we have never had stability issues with Kawasaki. Both are great machines and fun to ride.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Oh and yes the second time out the supercharger quit on the sea doo. Dealer fixed it and no problems since..But the Kawi has had NO problems what so ever.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by deanpp
We own both models the sea doo gtx 215hp and the kaw ultra 250 hp. Two very differant rides..The sea doo has a ride that is locked into the water. The kawasaki lets you decide how you want to ride it. Very stable at all speeds and alot funner to ride. As far as speed, the 250 alot more impressive, low end and mid range. About the same top end. As far as taking water over the bow in waves, that happens on both models as they both sit low in the water on the front. All in all I personally prefer the kawi and how it responds. In my experience we have never had stability issues with Kawasaki. Both are great machines and fun to ride.
What I have coming to keep the bow at about the same level as the Ultra LX is the wedge from that model. It puts the impeller at a more level discharge vs downward forcing the bow down. Another is changing the ride plate for like 150. Both changes are good for 2 mph. Impellers are due out in the next month, from what Ive read on Greenhulk.net . Love these ski's, especially in these twisty bayou's by me. Jeff