Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So what does Mike Fiore and Joe Sgro have to say now? >

So what does Mike Fiore and Joe Sgro have to say now?

Notices

So what does Mike Fiore and Joe Sgro have to say now?

Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain5776
They were checked and were declared LEGAL by mercury and oss! NOTHING can help the OUTERLIMITS it's just an inferior designed boat!

And, of course, you had so much to do with it, and personally deserve so much credit!

SYCOPHANT
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catmando,
Lets be real everybody knows that my old 38 Fountain with Joe at the throttles won the national title last year in OSS. The Miccosukke boat just needed to make the start at the final national race in Las Vegas to lock up the title due to the lead in points we had. We could of used my open fisherman.
Brett
Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

Well, I'm glad to hear that no one ran out of gas this race.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

40 Outerlimits,8000 lbs 525s 1.5 gear ratio 5350rpm with 36 pitch props
42 Fountain,8000 lbs 525s 1.5 gear ratio 5350rpm with 39 pitch props
And the Fountain has more acceleration with 3 more inches of pitch-Go figure
Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, Brett

Nice job .

Mike
Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
MES
Registered

They said that we were cheating in biloxi and that there was no way we(MICCOSUKEE) could have beat them(OUTERLIMITS) that bad unless we were cheating! Just heard back from mercury the motors were LEGAL! So I guess the OUTERLIMITS is just that SLOW! If they thought we were fast in biloxi, just wait and see what we do to them in Greers Ferry! The only way the OUTERLIMITS could ever beat a FOUNTAIN is buy one and stick OUTERLIMITS on it! But until then the OUTERLIMITS is only going to be in the way!!!!!!!!! Brett and myself will be sure to wave as we are lapping the very SLOW Outerlimits!!

I believe someone is on a mission and I'm loving it
Old 04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

JC
Ask joe how fast his 40 fountain that burnt in Miami was and you will see the speeds on the new ones are possible. His boat went 112 first time in the water 2 years ago and I think has the kilo at 114 average or something like that.
I don't think we will run out of gas like in Las Vegas again
Thanks for the reminder
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD APPLE
JC
Ask joe how fast his 40 fountain that burnt in Miami was and you will see the speeds on the new ones are possible. His boat went 112 first time in the water 2 years ago and I think has the kilo at 114 average or something like that.
I don't think we will run out of gas like in Las Vegas again
Thanks for the reminder
Brett not saying bad about the Fountain just showing the performance difference.By the way congrats
Old 04-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Thanks JC hope to see you at one of the upcoming races again.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They said that we were cheating in biloxi and that there was no way we(MICCOSUKEE) could have beat them(OUTERLIMITS) that bad unless we were cheating! Just heard back from mercury the motors were LEGAL! So I guess the OUTERLIMITS is just that SLOW! If they thought we were fast in biloxi, just wait and see what we do to them in Greers Ferry! The only way the OUTERLIMITS could ever beat a FOUNTAIN is buy one and stick OUTERLIMITS on it! But until then the OUTERLIMITS is only going to be in the way!!!!!!!!! Brett and myself will be sure to wave as we are lapping the very SLOW Outerlimits!!
#III

You could not have put it any better. I admire your ability to communicate what your are feeling. I'm sure your Daddy is really proud of you. Your future looks really bright in a dead sport. Instead of showing your lack of class, I would begin to think about your future and what it holds. Job qualifications ex racer, no trades to speak of.

Beyond that everyone knows that it is easy to cheat and not get caught( ecm's, fuel, oil) I personally don't believe Mercury would risk tossing yall, do to the inherent business relationship.(Simple terms it could make mercury look stupid)

As far as racing, who really cares, it is a dwindeling sport that means very little. The question you should really ask is, why is it that when you go to the larger poker runs you can't hardly find a Fountain? I counted two besides the race boat out of 105 boats at Sarasota. If it is a superior boat where were they. Must have been hanging on the inland lakes. I for one have owned Fountains and feel that they are nice boats. I also try never to bash manufactuers let alone Fountains. But I must say that in the 16 poker runs that I did last year I never had a Fountain run near me or pass me.

Everyone that understands the sport knows that Fountain will push the limits(it's not cheating till you get caught). Until then either big water has to be the equalizer or the sanctioning bodies must step up. I for one don't believe in all the Fountain hype and propaganda. I myself have never been a Golden Corral kinda person I prefer Ruth's Chris.

Quick Reply: So what does Mike Fiore and Joe Sgro have to say now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.