Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The ex-Wharf operator in Grand Haven? >

The ex-Wharf operator in Grand Haven?

Notices

The ex-Wharf operator in Grand Haven?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Lakes but I was at The Wharf last weekend and I agree with you, it looks great. Huge improvement from when I kept my old boat there and a lot of really nice hardware there too.

Last edited by BGIII; 04-06-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well after all the phone calls I am getting about this and all the info on the news about the FBI and IRS coming down on Mike Vorce

I thought i better clear something up since my reputation is at issue here and many people thought i still worked at The Wharf

I saw this coming a while ago and was waiting for Mike Vorce to fall of his throne

I was GM at The Wharf last year and oversaw all the upgrades and improvements as well as runnning the day to day. Then on laborday weekend after much praise about how great a job I had been doing I was asked by Mike Vorce to resign with no real explanation as to why

It turns out i had been asking to many questions about his financial dealings relative to the business i was charged to run for him

The man did me a favor as his suspicious financial activities were far reaching beyond our small operation

He did not live up to his financial commitments to me and i got screwed out of a chunk of money as well
all be it much less that the millions he owes the banks

The Wharf itself is a great place to have a boat and the original owner of the facility has taken it back over and put some folks in charge that should see it through a smooth operation

Mike Vorce was only a lessee of the facility but according to the news last night he defaulted on taxes and monthly payments on the marina this winter (No surprise here)

I am sure the Wharf will still be one of the best places to hang your boating hat for the summer

I am glad i saw this early as had it all gone down on my watch i would have got sucked in by association

Some times what goes around really does come around

All the local news is covering this so for you guys that want to catch up from outstate

google
wzzm channel 13 in Grand Rapids michigan
fox news Grand Rapids Michigan
Wood tv channel 8 Grand Rapids Michigan

Title is "Feds Search Bridgwater Place" the reports are on video on each news agency web sit

Best of luck to the new managment I will be spending some great weekends at The Wharf this sumer enjoying boating instead of putting in over 90 hours a week working there
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

It does appear that some decent people in the West Michigan boating community narrowly dodged a major bullet in the past year. Thank God for all of those involved that didn't get burned any worse than what they already did.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing you saw the writting on the wall Mark!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dyno
I saw the report on the news the other night....reeks of tax evasion dont you think.... The Warf really looked great last year someone spent alot of time and effert to make the place look great,so is it under the same management as last season? I dont know the players around there the only place that dosent change management like underwear is Great Lakes. I thinking about in/out this season but will more than likely end up in Muskegon.

Bought my boat from Great Lakes. Nice place
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many suppliers took a hit including the employees of the Wharf that havent been paid for weeks. Im sitting on two bounced checks that will probably never be recovered from Barrett Holdings ironically for head work for the new owner. The work I did was supposidly a trade for back rent. As for the integrity of the new owner (in reality the property owner) Im sure he knew months before Vorce was in trouble, something didn't seem right when he sent someone to pick up his third and last set of heads bright and early before the mail man came with the bounce notice.

Im sure John will take care of people that he has to take care of. When I talked to him on the phone he said call back in May as always my opinion

Last edited by JimV; 04-06-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't know mike personaly but i do know some people that have or are doing business with him. marc (boatme) jim valco(jimv) and a few others. my best to all. but i think this thing is just getting started and is going to be bigger then we think. just my 2 cents. its to bad for all. and i must say the wharf is looking great, we were there 2 weekends ago. we rent a slip there once or twice a year for the weekend for the past 5 years. i always liked that place close to the lake and close to town.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard the new General Manager of the Wharf has a really slow, slug of a boat. Just what I heard.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JimV
for the integrity of the new owner (in reality the property owner) Im sure he knew months before Vorce was in trouble, something didn't seem right when he sent someone to pick up his third and last set of heads bright and early before the mail man came with the bounce notice.
Sorry Jim but this isn't true. None of us had any idea until a week ago and by that time nothing could be done. Many people lost a lot more than you but everyone that lost anything should be mad and frustrated at Mike, not anyone else. NK
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
I heard the new General Manager of the Wharf has a really slow, slug of a boat. Just what I heard.
Ouch! Nykamp talking again? NK

Quick Reply: The ex-Wharf operator in Grand Haven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.