Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Larger Boat/Condo-House on water? >

Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Notices

Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been in Port Deposit for 6 years....Tomes Landing. We rent a wet slip with a Hydro-Hoist up river about half a mile from the High & Dry
This year won't be down until the week before the 4th of July...we have a few other obilgations...Poker Run in Sandusky, OH and Memorial Day Run at Raystown Lake
Old 04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Do both, go into debt, it's the American way!!!
Sure is, but I gotta say I use the boat much less since I've moved on the water, at least the 41. The small boats get used almost everyday in the summer. The biggest problem is when the pool sits between your back door and the boat, usually you stop at the pool and don't make it to the boat.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Enticer I am in Tomes Landing Marina thats why I asked.I was looking into the condos there.Any info on the place Good/Bad..And in the past 6 yrs have they had good progress with the town?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Bill...Real Estate is the way to go. Port deposit is a sleepy little run down town, but with many improvements to come. At the top of the hill on the naval base a big developer has grand plans...houses, condos, retail, and commercial space, if I am not mistake. Also, I think they are half way sold out on the new townhouses next to the marina. Take a look at the local website www.portdeposit.org. Hope to see you on the water soon :-)
Old 04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiser choice with the lakefront property, just be sure to get a western view for these sunsets. Enjoy this everyweekend can't wait to live there year round.
Attached Thumbnails Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?-dsc00457.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by creeper
Enticer I am in Tomes Landing Marina thats why I asked.I was looking into the condos there.Any info on the place Good/Bad..And in the past 6 yrs have they had good progress with the town?
Now with the newer condos are going up....that has changed the entire plan and the way things are for non-condo owners. Now for the condo owners...on 1% are really nice, the other 99% are stuck up a$$holes. If your interested in a condo, the older ones should be the route to look at at, the newer ones are REALLY expensive. The wife and I thought about buying one a few years ago, but that ties you down to that place then. We can leave when we want and go where we want without having to worry about selling a property
The town is really nice and has been getting better every year. The dining is great now. Besides the Conrad's put on one hell of a Poker Run in August.

camptappakeg69

Maybe he is a morning person and likes the sun coming up
Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Why choose? Do both. Live large and enjoy it.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Registered

Nice thing about water front is they cant build anymore lots, whats there is it. My parents former house is the perfect example. They bought it for a tad over $300K in 1983/4, when they sold in 03 they made out well. The developer subdivided the property creating 2 lots and built a second house on 3rd lot that was behind the main house. The 2 lots alone he sold them for around $850K each. He then flipped the main house for a small profit....... Today again like 1983, its getting close to the bottom of the market.... Even if my parents just made 2 lots their $300K investment grew to $1.7mill and they could have kept the freakin house!!! Try that with a boat....
Attached Thumbnails Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?-img_0436.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

camptappakeg69 is right - don't sell yourself short man.
Lakefront with sunset views...... Need I say more.

For any of ya'll framiliar with Texoma - they call this sunset beach (on the map)

Oh ya - If you were considering something less than lakefront - like a condo or townhouse by the lake - I would definately go with the yacht instead
Attached Thumbnails Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?-sunset-custom-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 04-14-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real Estate has its ups and downs but through it all waterfront and ski resort property never ever go backwards. Thats why i own both and nothing else. They take up the slack for what i lose on my boats

Quick Reply: Larger Boat/Condo-House on water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.