Avis rentals - Trailblazers >

Avis rentals - Trailblazers

Notices

Avis rentals - Trailblazers

Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avis rentals - Trailblazers

Does Avis remove the stock tow package from their trailblazers or can you just slide the receiver in and be good to go?

No need to discuss the towing with rentals etc cause I know I'm not supposed to do it but I have to move a small boat cross country so a one way rental is the fastest way.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered

Default hitch

rented a trailblazer in CAlast mounth it had a hitch on it Howard
Old 04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Ive never seen a rental SUV actually have a hitch on it before.....the pickups from U-haul sure...but not the everyday rentals....but then again its not like i was looking for a hitch on one either...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
Ive never seen a rental SUV actually have a hitch on it before.....the pickups from U-haul sure...but not the everyday rentals....but then again its not like i was looking for a hitch on one either...
I wasn't able to find a pickup rental from Uhaul, especially one way from WA to NJ.

Unfortunately on a one way rental the trailblazer is the biggest vehicle I could find.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 04-11-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alot of the Jeep Grand Cherokees will have a tow pkg. on them .... I've used those ..... all the Suburbans and Tahoes have them ....
Old 04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Many of the crew cab pickups/ tahoes also have receivers. You can also tow off the bumper with those too, just not a lot of weight. I usually remove the black plastic bumper cover, install the ball then snap the cover back on when I am done so it doesn't have the precut hole punched out/ look towed.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Garry, how much weight is the boat anyway..... Can the bumper be used?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

I have seen a bunch of things. I had a NICE Hemi Chrysler Aspen for the last two days (Durango) with no hitch from Thrifty.

I have seen rental agencies put a locking drawbar pin in the receiver to keep a drawbar out.

I had a 1500 Chevy Silverado once from Dollar that had no hitch.

Contact Enterprise truck rental. I know they do rent F-350s; but they don't stock that many. Enterprise has offices at many dealerships and body shops, where folks are dropping off vehicles for service, and they still need their hitch for their jobs; so this may be another option.

I would suggest, when investigating; that you state you will be using a Trailer Hitch Tube Mount bike carrier; and not mention the towing thing. I can guarantee you that just about everyone will clearly state "you cannot tow with our rental."

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-11-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
I wasn't able to find a pickup rental from Uhaul, especially one way from WA to NJ.
Washington State? Try Penske truck rental Evergreenway (Seatac) location (commercial center) but they do private rentals if you call them direct.

Avis and budget usually order their vehicles well optioned cause they both have car lots to re-sell them. They just dont keep the receiver's with the vehicle......
Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

We rented an new expedition this winter and it had a metal wire through the hitch pin hole that you would have to cut off to use.

Quick Reply: Avis rentals - Trailblazers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.