Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

of course------jeff
Old 04-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
if you know of any buyers that are 1,2,3,7, and 11 please send them my way
Why would you want to sell your boat to (11). someone from Jersey???
Old 04-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just went through this with Customryder, and he ended up buying the boat.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Why would you want to sell your boat to (11). someone from Jersey???
it seems like that is were most of my phone calls do come from they all have cash and want to steal it
Old 04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Steve_H

had a member look at a boat for me once. turns out he was friends with the dealer selling the boat. didnt get an honest accessment of the condition of the boat. survey turned out ok so i sent the deposit then drove 1800 miles to pick it up only to find out it wasnt what the oso member had described but at that point i was pretty much commited so i drug it home. spent another 10k fixing it up.

i still beleive my experience is the exception. if a long standing oso member looks at a boat for someone, chances are you will get an honest opinion.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H

i still beleive my experience is the exception. if a long standing oso member looks at a boat for someone, chances are you will get an honest opinion.
That's what I'm saying.
My opinion of a "good" boat will probably differ from someone else. I'll be glad to take a ride to see it, tell ya what I see, and take some pictures. But, don't come back and ***** at me in front of the world that it's not what you were looking for.
I'm glad to help out, but I'm not a surveyor. Just a guy who likes boats, and knows a little (very little in comparison) about them.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking at boats is funny.. I've looked at several for board members.. Give me an excuse to go look at boats and take pics?? I'm on it

I looked at one for someone recently, sent pics, went back a second time and looked at it in even more detail, sent even more pics again.. IMO the boat, while filthy from sitting in rack storage for better than a year, was a heck of a nice boat if you looked past the dirt.. I did NO mechanical inspection for them, but did volunteer to go back and ride with the mechanic when he serviced it for the owner, run compression etc.. Never heard back from the buyer good or bad... Havent had time to go see if the boat sold...

I've been on the other side also.. The last two boats I bought were bought after inspections by friends close to em.. No regrets
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at several boats that I had to travel to see, only to be dissapointed. One persons idea of excellent condition may be very different yours.
When I found the boat that I currently have, it was almost 1000 miles away. I made it very clear with the owner that if his description of the condition wasn't as described, the deal was off. Needless to say, it was nearly flawless.
I too, would be glad to look at a local boat for someone.