Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sunsation wins two Powerboat awards last night. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155983-sunsation-wins-two-powerboat-awards-last-night.html)

Jupiter Sunsation 04-15-2007 09:57 AM

Sunsation wins two Powerboat awards last night.

Saturday night, (tonight), in Sarasota, Wayne, Dianne, Waynes parents, Bill Harrison and his wife (F-4, # 4) Mitch from Captain"s Choice and a couple of other lucky people who happened to be in the area were at the Powerboat Magazine 2007 Awards for Product Excellence.

Wayne and his crew were there to get the "New Model of The Year" award for the F-4! But that was not all -------- They also won "Offshore V-Bottom Workmanship-Custom" award!

Bob Teague, Powerboats technical editor, and one of the most respected people in the performance boating industry, made the presentations with comments such as; ..custom builders -- one of the best, F-4 hull-- flawless, beautiful workmanship details, excellent fit and finish, perfect finish bilge, F-4 --- a bold new entry.

When the second award was announced it was stated that it "was very rare to win two builder awards in one year, but Sunsation has done it." also commenting that the Sunsation boats have one fine touch after another.

Mitcher T and McLeod were also recognized for their contributions to the final product.

A lot of other wonderful comments, but that is all my act could get as I do not know shorthand.

There were a lot of well known performance boat builders present to hear the glowing comments for Sunsation.

It was very impressive to say the least.

Hats off to Wayne, Joe, their families and to all of the Sunsation team that put this product together!

el indio 04-15-2007 10:13 AM

very impressive......congradulations.........

Mentalpause 04-15-2007 10:16 AM

Congratulations to an excellent team and excellent product.

docmanrich37 04-15-2007 10:32 AM

Congrats on the awards and I was impressed when I seen the Sunnys at the Miami show.When the A/T hits the show I thiink it will be some competition but I will not still your THUNDER right now.:D Congrats again

Ron P 04-15-2007 11:17 AM

Congrates, the put the time and effort into building a new product from a clean sheet of paper.

If you haven't seen this boat for yourself, make it a point to do so at one of the Poker Runs. It is out of the ordinary.

Mentalpause 04-15-2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2093957)
Congrates, the put the time and effort into building a new product from a clean sheet of paper.

If you haven't seen this boat for yourself, make it a point to do so at one of the Poker Runs. It is out of the ordinary.

I am changing my mufflers out so maybe you will be able to hear something on the next ride!:eek: :D

Jassman 04-15-2007 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2093959)
I am changing my mufflers out so maybe you will be able to hear something on the next ride!:eek: :D

sounds good, sweet music to my ears:drink:

CONGRATS TO THE SUNSATION TEAM, JOB WELL DONE.

Chuck 04-15-2007 05:05 PM

Well deserved!!! When I saw John's boat at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run last year to say I was very impressed would be an understatement . The attention to detail and the cabin of the boat blew me away. I didn't get a good look at the one at Sarasota two weeks ago, but I did hear many people raving about it.

Ron P 04-15-2007 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2093959)

Hey John,

I'm putting in my order to take the new F4 Demo boat to take to Smoke on the Water. Hope it's done in time.

I also hope they forget the mufflers completely!

See ya there. I'll be the guy with an ear to ear smile.:D

Mentalpause 04-15-2007 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 2094297)
Well deserved!!! When I saw John's boat at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run last year to say I was very impressed would be an understatement . The attention to detail and the cabin of the boat blew me away. I didn't get a good look at the one at Sarasota two weeks ago, but I did hear many people raving about it.

The only time I got to see a side shot of your boat was when we were waiting for the start - then I only got to see the back of it after that!:drink: