Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/156270-marine-max-arlington-texas-sucks.html)

Chriswithaboat 04-18-2007 09:25 PM

Marine Max Arlington Texas Sucks!

I specify the location because I am sure not all of them suck ass in customer service the way this one has. I had 3 (two boats I traded in) boat dealings with them so you would think they would take care of repeat customers... Hell no! I find the boat I traded into them is still in my name months later. The person that purchased it and I become friends as a result because he paid CASH for the boat and to date still does not have the title... We did find out the boat within the last couple of weeks (he purchased it in Dec.) is now registered in his name (still no title). My boat however is another story. The boat was purchased new and now has 14 hours on it and has been back to service 6 times (last time they had it for a week and couldn't figure it out). 5 of them for the same item -- trim tab indicator (they can find no problem out of water) it is a good thing it works out of water so maybe I should just keep the M.....F..... on the trailer and drive it around town for entertainment!

End of story, a shop at the local marina found the problem the first time they looked at it and $1000.00 out of pocket, my warranty item is fixed. (Baja is looking into the situation and is working on reimbursing us)

Thank you Marine Max of Arlington, Texas

BTW -- How does it feel to loose those two corp. sponsored boats due to these F..k ups?!?!

TexomaPowerboater 04-18-2007 09:51 PM

That is some funny stuff man....

My folks had a good experience buying a 24 Sea Ray sundeck in Lewisville, TX. They gave us a good buck for our trade in. Never asked them to work on the boat becuase its a good 1 and 1/2 hour ride to get it. Plus it has no trailer and even if it did I wouldn't send it there. I don't know if they are entirely at fault in that nobody there know's jack $%$% about performance boats. They mostly sell yachts and small sea rays. With that being said, don't take a high performance boat boat to a pleasure boat dealership and expect to get top notch workmanship. What they are doing to your buddy is wrong - I am sure if he walked in there and just slapped them up side the head they might work a little faster.... But, overall I think that marine max does a good job, just don't get your boat worked on in the one in Arlington. I also bought a used boat from Erwin Marine Sales in Chattanooga Tennessee, which is also a marine max dealer. They did a really good job, with the exception of the finance guy. When I asked him for a bill of sale he gave me biggest FU look like.... I wanted to slap him.

Chriswithaboat 04-18-2007 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2098536)
That is some funny stuff man....

My folks had a good experience buying a 24 Sea Ray sundeck in Lewisville, TX. They gave us a good buck for our trade in. Never asked them to work on the boat becuase its a good 1 and 1/2 hour ride to get it. Plus it has no trailer and even if it did I wouldn't send it there. I don't know if they are entirely at fault in that nobody there know's jack $%$% about performance boats. They mostly sell yachts and small sea rays. With that being said, don't take a high performance boat boat to a pleasure boat dealership and expect to get top notch workmanship. What they are doing to your buddy is wrong - I am sure if he walked in there and just slapped them up side the head they might work a little faster.... But, overall I think that marine max does a good job, just don't get your boat worked on in the one in Arlington. I also bought a used boat from Erwin Marine Sales in Chattanooga Tennessee, which is also a marine max dealer. They did a really good job, with the exception of the finance guy. When I asked him for a bill of sale he gave me biggest FU look like.... I wanted to slap him.

I understand and I also do not believe you can make everyone happy! Knowing that is why I *****! I purchased 2 of my Baja boats there! You would think they want repeat customers.

Chriswithaboat 04-18-2007 10:04 PM

Once again I am not saying EVERY Marine Max... But the one in Arlington needs work!!!

masher44 04-18-2007 10:04 PM

I brought Slim in to them last year and asked if they could change my drive oil... they said "sure" and went outside and saw the 6 drive and said aaahhhh no thanks....:evilb:

Chriswithaboat 04-18-2007 10:58 PM

Did I mention they wanted me to add extra (beyond the two that I have and with a stock stereo) batteries to fix the problem! Because the trim indicator worked fine out of water!

Wally 04-19-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chriswithaboat (Post 2098623)
Did I mention they wanted me to add extra (beyond the two that I have and with a stock stereo) batteries to fix the problem! Because the trim indicator worked fine out of water!

Say what? that sounds like a "guess-a-fix" solution......

Vyper340 04-22-2007 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2098540)
I wondered why I didn't see any Bajas out in front of their store.:rolleyes: I live about five miles from them and go by there almost every day.

I thought you were going to blame in Bush or the republicans...:drink:

TexomaPowerboater 03-19-2008 06:07 PM

I'd thought I'd post this other thread up for chris since he's not the only getting screwed. http://www.lakepirateforums.com/Foru...38.html#222838

MM in arlington has absolutely no business working on go-fast. Boaters beware.

DollaBill 03-20-2008 07:47 AM

what the hell do you expect from marine max? their heads are soo far up their azz they should be working on canoes