Anybody seen the new Fountain?

Notices

Anybody seen the new Fountain?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
http://www.buddydavis.com/58sport_overview.php

lets not forget these guys. 40 knots in a 58' fully loaded sport fish convertable. whats the weight on that thing again?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does look nice, but maybe its better to do a Fountain / Donzi Challenge,, heres what donzi is doing.

http://www.donziyachts.com/

Dont get me wrong I love fountain powerboats as well. I just dont think they look the same with fish blood all over them.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody seen the new Fountain?-page_r58.jpg  
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Most all you guys have never seen this boat in person yet so how can you comment on just the picture of it. Pictures distort angles. Fountain has been going in this direction for a while and this is nothing new to them. If you look at sales in the performance boat market vs the CC and the sport cruiser fish boat market you would know why Fountain is going in this direction. They have some tough competition in the arena though but good for them on trying to grow there market place.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Most all you guys have never seen this boat in person yet so how can you comment on just the picture of it. Pictures distort angles. Fountain has been going in this direction for a while and this is nothing new to them. If you look at sales in the performance boat market vs the CC and the sport cruiser fish boat market you would know why Fountain is going in this direction. They have some tough competition in the arena though but good for them on trying to grow there market place.
Go team!!!
Attached Thumbnails Anybody seen the new Fountain?-cheerleader.jpeg  
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you get into the 50+ range, your in a whole new ballgame Mike.. Think Bertram, Buddy Davis, Donzi, Hatteras just to name a few.. For that kind of coin, you need a whole lot more creature comforts than a go-fast fish boat is going to offer.. Yeah, Fountain will sell a few to the folks who dont fish, and live in hotels next to the marina when cruising, but the true cruisers / fisherman will avoid this thing like the plague...
Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spk1
It does look nice, but maybe its better to do a Fountain / Donzi Challenge,, heres what donzi is doing.

http://www.donziyachts.com/

Dont get me wrong I love fountain powerboats as well. I just dont think they look the same with fish blood all over them.

Different Company, but amazing yachts
Old 04-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
When you get into the 50+ range, your in a whole new ballgame Mike.. Think Bertram, Buddy Davis, Donzi, Hatteras just to name a few.. For that kind of coin, you need a whole lot more creature comforts than a go-fast fish boat is going to offer.. Yeah, Fountain will sell a few to the folks who dont fish, and live in hotels next to the marina when cruising, but the true cruisers / fisherman will avoid this thing like the plague...

and donzi has been building sport fishers for years,,,,,,,,,,.

their arent too many people who would turn down cutting their time in half getting to the canyon.

the plague ,huh,.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, they have.. But, when they decided to go into the market, they researched it thoroughly and delivered a boat that met the needs of the offshore BIG boat crowd, the Z-65.. Described as a graceful, powerful and sleek wave crushing fishing machine by the press, it has become somewhat of a cult boat.. Something I dont see anyone saying about the Fountain...

Plaque, plaig, plaid, whatever...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Go team!!!
Ha! you got your team I got mine. Seriously though I nor have you seen this boat in person. Maybe it fills a market niche or maybe it sucks...we'll see!
Old 04-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think fountain would just turn a boat out. maybe, but i doubt it.
i also have never seen a donzi fisher cruisin around. not to say its not out there , just not popular.

as for the beak i will reserve my comments until i see it in person and find the results as far as plane speed , cruise, top speed, etc,,, .

Quick Reply: Anybody seen the new Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.