Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Sh*t my popcorn´s run out.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EVILWAYS
**** all you ******s who wants to race I'm ready land or water
lets go baby, i'll be in my whipple charged 34 sea ray.....you name the the spot, land or water.....
Old 05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Shane .... I totally agree with him that there are issues, however, constantly pointing out the issues and never offering suggestions on how to make it better really doesnt help anything does it?
Racegirl.....

Who is Tx?...poor guy must be old

To your point I have offered in print on this website...literally miles of suggestions...and predictions....While the predictions come true..... both are ignored.....yet I continue to suggest...and predict.

As to the suggestions.... and they have been consistent.

1. Deal in facts...not fan fare. Overhyping the sport and its participants destroys its credibility... Understand that constructive criticism is a good thing and not "negativity", while unconstructive blind optimism is a bad thing and not "possitivity".
2. Look at the current classes with a critical eye......like a spectator with no experience.... you will find that they are too confusing to excite the average joe to come back. There needs to be a single main event feature class that the world, not the racer, can comprehend.
3. Admit that no group has a clue how to televise or even how to get a television contract. Understand that television is the only vehicle you have to create sponsor value.
4. Unify....or die. OPA, OSS, OCS, APBA, SBI, UIM, WTF?
5. Work on a simple plan to attract sponsors, keep race sites, and grow the sport. If the numbers continue to fall, get new leadership.
6. Admit that racers make lousy race promoters, and new racers make lousy (and inexperienced) race promotors.
7. Realise that government by committee yields mediocrity.
8. Understand that the guy with the biggest wallet, bar tab, and mouth is not neccessarily a good leader, nor does he have anyone's interest but his own in mind.
9. Find a real, experienced leader with no private agenda beyond the success of the sport, give him authority, a set of deadlines and a budget to work with......Let him choose his team......Senor David comes to mind each time I bring this up.
10. Keep the faith....... you're on a downward curve..fuel prices are soaring.... recreation/boating stocks and budgets are down...so things are likely to worsen before the sun comes out.

Just my tired ol' 2 cents.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 05-03-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by chippin it
It has been a while but it is Hola
they spelled it without the H back in his day
Old 05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
yea . . . it hadnt been invented yet
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Ahora estoy mas interesado en este conversación! Sin embargo tengo más español aprender! (just in case anyone fluent comes on here and wants to start up a conversation in which I will get rapidly lost!)
Old 05-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
2. Look at the current classes with a critical eye......like a spectator with no experience.... you will find that they are too confusing to excite the average joe to come back. There needs to be a single main event feature class that the world, not the racer, can comprehend.

T2x
I know that's a fact. I tried to follow the racing for a couple years when most were running in Apba, even they it was hard to figure out who was racing who. When they went to the alphabet soup program of racing organizations, I gave up trying to follow it at all. It seems everyone wants a class just to suit their own boat.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chippin it
It has been a while but it is Hola
Gracias...I fixed it.

Ciao
Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Mostly we just mumbled and stared at the sky.....
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

you think we have it bad...you should see the mongolian cluster f#*k the blowboaters have devised..not only do they a bunch of classes, but inside each class every boat has a rating..so is he in my class?? do we owe him 3 seconds a mile or does he owe us 12?? its enough to make someone want to get drunk and buy a power boat (which I did)

Quick Reply: T2x???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.