Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick >

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Notices

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet...looking forward to OL and the defending WORLD champion OSG Donzi 38ZR duke it out!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Old School
So what chit would that be?
How is the playing field not level?
I guess you know something the rest of us don't or are you saying that they are cheating and no one else can prove how except for you. Maybe with all your knowledge you should become the tech inspector at all the races!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

PRETTY AMAZING THESE RELEASES WERE TWO DAYS APART........

OUTERLIMITS BRINGS BACK THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
MIKE FIORE AND BOB RUSSELL TO RACE IN MALTA

As Outerlimits Powerboats fields two offshore racing teams, one in the U.S. with the Offshore Super Series (OSS) and one in Europe with Powerboat P1, scheduling became an unavoidable issue. With Joe Sgro and new driver John Makepeace, manning the new SV40 at the Lake Pickwick OSS race on May 5-6, Outerlimits selected Bob Russell to take the helm with Mike Fiore at throttles in the first Powerboat P1 race in Malta.

“We are fortunate to have two top-rate racers on our team,” says Fiore, “I am proud and happy to be in the boat with either Joe or Bob on any given day!” This race brings APBA PX Champions Russell and Fiore together again, after they won their second APBA PX Class World Champion, in 2002 in an Outerlimits 42 GTX. This year, the duo will race the SV40, the 2006 National and World Championship OSS Vee boat, which was modified to meet the Powerboat P1 specs. The canopy was cut to maintain the recreational standards for the European circuit, while the newly built OSS race boat maintains full canopy construction.

“We are very enthused about our first race with Powerboat P1!” exclaims Fiore, “We put a lot of time, money and effort into fielding this team, against a lot of heavy competition, so we are very happy to have some ‘big guns’ to bring to the races. Both Joe and Bob have a lot of racing experience and we are lucky to have their flexibility to meet these rigorous schedules.”

Russell is a long-time Outerlimits customer and friend and has owned every model of Outerlimits Powerboats built. His boat racing experience follows years in motorcross and flat track racing and in addition to the two World Championship titles he won with Fiore in 2001 and 2002, Russell won the King of the Hudson speed run at the New York City Poker run in an Outerlimits 42 Legacy and also earned the Lake Of the Ozarks Shoot Out title for Fastest Vee Bottom in his Outerlimits 42 GTX. In this same boat, he also set the APRA 2003 World Kilo Record for a Vee Bottom in Washington North Carolina at 147.61 mph and earned status in the Poker Runs America Hall of Fame.

The Powerboat P1 schedule begins in the historical Mediterranean port city of Valetta, Malta, then, moves to Naples, Italy, May 26-27. The team next travels to Travemunde, Germany, June 30-July 1, then to Cowes, in the UK, August 25-26. Next on the schedule is Zebrugge, Belgium, September 8-9, and Portimao, Portugal, September 29-30.

Outerlimits will receive satellite TV feeds from the races and plans to host video on its website following the races. A UK production company, Greenlight TV will air the races in over 70 countries worldwide. “We look forward to showcasing our boats to the European audience, who truly appreciates powerboat racing,” says Fiore, “It’s going to be a busy season!”
Old 05-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expo
"we are not in the hunt for the National Points Championship"
how in the world do the figure that? Or are they just saying in not so many words that they can't beat Fountain again and are giving up on trying?
Where did all the other Super Vs go? There are only 3 currently running and now one is running away!!
Where are all the other boats, Skater, Phantom, Bad Boy, and Platinum?
Are they all just scared or they just cant hang?
well there are more boats to race against over there DONZI 38,PLATINUM 39, FORMULA 38 AND ALL THE EURO TEAMS in all types of water and I think skater39 will be there to and I thought FOUNTAIN was going to race there to?? Thats alot of boats and rougher water to
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
well there are more boats to race against over there DONZI 38,PLATINUM 39, FORMULA 38 AND ALL THE EURO TEAMS in all types of water and I think skater39 will be there to and I thought FOUNTAIN was going to race there to?? Thats alot of boats and rougher water to
2 Donzi 38 ZR's
2 Skaters
2 Metamarine's
2 Fountains
Formulas
Platinum
Sunseeker
Dragons

And a phlethora of smaller Euro manufacturers.

Last edited by Donzi38ZR; 05-02-2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: ill spell
Old 05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Knows what? I would think if someone knew what he was supposedly doing they would speak up and the inspectors would catch them.
A tech inspector for SBI? You mean they have inspections?

As for racing over seas I agree that is great. So why stop racing here? The boat wont make it there in time to race and he has a crew for both boats so why not race and prove he can win here also.

Personally I think OL should put as much effort into getting their customers boats to run.

So in summary FOUNTAIN wins!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered

Are you talking about the 51 that runs 125mph with 3200hp
Old 05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Exactly. I think the press release was plain as day- they want to race more than one other boat.

Good luck, guys!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Which press release the one today or the one two days ago that says the opposite.

Quick Reply: Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.