Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Notices

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I can't quite explain why..... but this post made me chuckle....

Ya gotta love the statement....... and the thought process behind it..... is very, VERY, clever.

If this were a chess game.......... OL would be using the word "Check"............ now let's see who get's to utter the word "mate"........

T2x
No matter who "utters" the word checkmate, it is ultimately the fans and the real racers who lose. This soap opera is a tournament of clowns, if one boat wins the other is cheating, shouldn't even the thought of that be taken care of by the OSS techs? After all the are known for there Eliot Ness untouchability. And to quote one of there officials "penalties will be swift and hard". As I see it, if you go to watch a boxing match and there is only one fighter in the ring, he is not the loser in any sense of the word, the guy who didnt show is. All the excuses in the world of marketablity, and fan base do not change my opinion. A) OL is afraid of Fountain and B) They are traitors to American Boat racing. I'll even add a C) If Reggie is cheating, catch him, prove it and stop him, I would think more of OL then I do now, Oh and the B.S. about only racing with 2 boats? isn't that how they won the nationals and worlds last year?
Peace Out, Louie

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-03-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Scott B;2114945]As they said, they dont want to spend the season racing against ONE boat.. There's no point in that, hell it's boring after a while.. QUOTE]

Why do you think Donzi doesn't race anymore?? For that reason exactly.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shifter
Don't worry they get to race an older fountain with my drives over there. The P1 show has been on TV lately so stay tuned. evilb:

pat W
I got this in an email from a client of mine in Malta. He gave me the info for TV....but call me a blonde....Can anyone enlighten me as to where and when?

Americas
Timing: 1000-1010 GMT
NSS806 319.5 degrees East TXP 28/28 CHANNEL 9MHZ B1
DOWNLINK FR.: 4184,5 MHZ POL L
525 NTSC 4/3 MPEG 4:2:2 66665 hsymb/s FEC 7/8
OP MODE: HIGH QUALITY
AUDIO:1 SOUND MONO
AUDIO:2 SOUND MONO

Julie
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Damn shame...... Destin was very promising for OSS... Now this..... Can't ya'll just get along and go racing......

BTW, it would be nice to see UIM hold a race here in the states and make it a true world competition. It would be the olympics of boat racing. Someone refresh my memory as to why we here in the US call our championships the "worlds" or why we have the "world series"...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

animalhouse,
You can't be serious about it that it has anything to do with money with your team.
They bring two coaches, support semi, sport cars (one could pay for what I spend in two seasons) , motorcycles, 5-10 employees/ friends. One pilot and private plane for multiple trips to accomadate different peoples schedules and some customers.
Don't worry my hats off if I could afford to play like that I would but don't make this a financial issue. Those two have more money than I will ever see and they deserve it.
They decided to race Europe and the OSS when I raced with them last year and they already started boat 2 for that reason.
But you know what It doesn't matter anymore maybe that can win the OSS worlds by themselves.

Brett
Old 05-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Four years ago, American Power Boat Association Offshore revamped its rules to make the sport more competitive and to provide close, “deck to deck” racing so the races were more exciting for fans.

The name Allweiss sure is easier to say these days!
Attached Thumbnails Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick-super-vee-2003.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Good luck beating the new Skater V in P1.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

BH,
I have to say you are right about that.
F2 almost 30 boats in Sarasota and even when we upgraded to SVL I think a lot of great boats.
Brett
Who knows what you do.
I was just talking to a guy that pretty much hit the nail on the head. Skater and Fountain raised the bar so high in SV that everyone is either quitting or running P2. The other manufacuers are at least 5mph slower with the current specs.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by throttleup
I got this in an email from a client of mine in Malta. He gave me the info for TV....but call me a blonde....Can anyone enlighten me as to where and when?

Americas
Timing: 1000-1010 GMT

Whatever it is, it looks like it's only 10 minutes long. Typical offshore coverage.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Okay, Okay......there is a major effort going on right now, that is trying to put together a real open ocean race that will happen in this upcoming October, 2007.

We are looking for sponsors right now....if anyone is serious about getting involved with this type of rebirth, contact me and I can get you a sponsor package.

Real open ocean racing is not a put down of any other type of racing going on today....it is simply a return to the roots of the sport.

For those who would ike to try it, this may be your vehicle to a whole new set of challenges.

Charlie McCarthy
an offshore rece in oct......

"THE HURRICANE 500".........COOL.....XTREAMLY COOL.....

Quick Reply: Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.