Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick >

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Notices

Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
look back at what NASCAR started, what won on sunday, sold on monday. Reggie has used this to his advantage for many years, not neccesarily in a bad way. Many fountains have sold and thats all well and great, but now the gene pool is diluted with them, so people and racers are looking elsewhere.
Yes, but the difference being that Chevy, Ford and Dodge were not allowed to run their own races, write their own rules, ban competiitors from racing using some obscure technicality so they could run their lone car around the track with duct tape on it and claim the world championship..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
Actualy, Donzi is kicking ass and taking names in Europe... I believe they will have three boats over there this season...
I meant to say in the U.S. I know all about the european teams. They should do well this year!!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott B
The attitudes of many of the professional racers on this and other forums is one of the reasons that attendance is going down, sponsorship is going down, and racers and their boats are heading elsewhere to race. The whole "We are Gods, give us money and kiss our fat a s s e s beacause we run around in boats that the various racing entities have crippled with their overzealous rules and regulations so that now they run slower than the spectators boats" attitude has killed the sport.

The fans are tired of the bickering, and the attendance numbers prove it. Key West last year was a joke, Destin was better, but even so, not great. When the racers decide to put aside their petty differences, treat each other AND their fans like fellow humans devoted to the sport, stop the cheating that goes on, stop the false accusations, well, then the fans may decide to come back.. Until then, well, I'll be in Key West again this year.. But, you know what, we are heading down to party. And lo and behold, if somehow a miracle occurs and lo and behold there actually IS a boat race or two with more than one boat in it, hey, bonus.. But if not, if its the same old crap, we are gonna party anyways..

As far as the comments about the AMF crews, their teams, and the few teams that emulate them, are the only hope this sport has of surviving.. They embody the true spirit of racing that the fans are clamoring for: They go out and gve their all.. If they win, they are gracious in victory, if they lose, hey guess what, they are gracious in defeat.. A class act, that knows how to treat their fans, they will do well overseas, where racing is still racing.. IMO their motto should be "All you crybabies go home", but they have too much class for that..
What a GREAT OBSERVATION, could not have said it ant better myself
Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy with the complements...... Scotts head swells easily....
Old 05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Racer
Racer

[QUOTE=chippin it;2115836]
Originally Posted by louietherigger
You my friend are an imbecile LOL LOUIE how is your patchogue race coming along?Oh thats right it is a go.Wonder what that ****cheese has done for the sport?
Its "our" race and its coming along great, more work then I ever imagined, if it gets any harder then this I'm going to Europe! lol. A lot of people both racers and fans have been really helping out with all the details and its shaping up to be a top knotch event. Donzi 38ZR probably drives a foreign car and raves how much better it is then the stuff here and so on. I live here, buy stuff here, build stuff here and know this is the greatest country on the planet. If I get carried away, tough ****. OPA rocked Destin!! and "chip" lead the way. This year we will rock Key West , makes no difference to us!! Just add water and we're good to go. The only thing that saddens me is that I know there are a lot of great boats sitting idle that should be out there racing.

Louie
Old 05-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
2 Donzi 38 ZR's
2 Skaters
2 Metamarine's
2 Fountains
Formulas
Platinum
Sunseeker
Dragons

And a phlethora of smaller Euro manufacturers.
Alot of boats
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Alot of boats
go on oparacing.org it will tell you where the teams are , and you will see a real lot of boats
Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our customer will also be racing this season in his Pantera 36' in the P1 circuit. Ran in 2004 and 2005 called Fair and White racing. Boat just got re-powered with twin 525 EFI Mercs. and new sponsor for 2007 season.

Regards,

Jo - Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick-36_2007_fairwhite.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 05-03-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by chippin it
So the bottom line is OSS is just about finished.Nice job WHM chasing away his competition at destin,and now we have the Brett show in SV.What amazes me is you put these sucessful business men in charge of a racing organization and it is like watching an Alzheimer patient pull his underwear up over his pants.Maybe it is because boat racers are hype to the game,and customers of these business men just bend over and take it in the cheeks.
I think your right it started last yr with destin its sad .
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by louietherigger
go on oparacing.org it will tell you where the teams are , and you will see a real lot of boats
I said earlier that OPA rocks it has a great group of teams lots of boats. I think better than oss or sbi .All I want now is dvds of opa from my FF club each month and I hope to be back racing once they fix my knee and back for 08. THE best race I went to was kw in 94 that was piss ha.

Quick Reply: Ol Headed to Malta instead of Pickwick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.