Any current/new ILMOR owners?? >

Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Notices

Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
Longer, had to notch the back seat. Its also a little difficult to get the oil filter out.

Mine is plugged in with the pin harness. Added a couple mechanical guages also.
My setup has remote filter mounts located on a stringer, making oil changes a breeze.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
My setup has remote filter mounts located on a stringer, making oil changes a breeze.
I need to do that.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

[They are CV Products billet mounts that take large 1qt Oil Filters but I'm sure there are other options.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drpete3
How hard would it be to have someone service my ilmor if I bought one?

Granted I live in Mich but are there any other service locations other than the factory in plymouth?
Originally Posted by wrinkleface
like, say, in northern Mi!!!!! Indy drives also!! Will Ilmor pay a local boat dealer 2 do warranty work up north???????
We have a few different option besides the Plymouth factory. Off the top of my head is:
Great Lakes Marine - Port Huron
JimKid Motorsports - Redford
Precision Power - Grand Haven
If you purchase ILMOR stuff, we'll train a technician in your area to be certified
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Wiring harness drom 496 to Ilmor....what needs to be changed?

How much longer is this engine compared to a 496 HO?

Who can work on these?
Front mounting location is a bit different. Roughly 4 inches in overall length and we have extension looms because the "merc" connector is on opposite sides. And tailpipes, if they are stainless. Rubber ones should be ok.
A few people on OSO have re-powered to V-10's
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
We have a few different option besides the Plymouth factory. Off the top of my head is:
Great Lakes Marine - Port Huron
JimKid Motorsports - Redford
Precision Power - Grand Haven
If you purchase ILMOR stuff, we'll train a technician in your area to be certified
All multi hour tows from Charlevoix / Boyne area! Not something U want 2 do in the middle of summer if it crops up! Short summers, time/effort involved!

Is the training on your dime & say it's a person from a local dealer, R U gunna pay them 4 there time training cuz I am sure a local dealer will not pay 4 that or their time off!! I'm sure they could not justify it cuz not many Ilmors around!!! Or would Ilmor (if new product was ordered) SIGN a promisary note they would send somebody 2 our neck of the woods if there were probs?? Pass this by Ian!!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I keep my boat on Cumberland which is very remote and Ilmor trained a dealership to service we very few V-10 owners on our lake in the middle of rural KY.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

All multi hour tows from Charlevoix / Boyne area! Not something U want 2 do in the middle of summer if it crops up! Short summers, time/effort involved!

Is the training on your dime & say it's a person from a local dealer, R U gunna pay them 4 there time training cuz I am sure a local dealer will not pay 4 that or their time off!! I'm sure they could not justify it cuz not many Ilmors around!!! Or would Ilmor (if new product was ordered) SIGN a promisary note they would send somebody 2 our neck of the woods if there were probs?? Pass this by Ian!!
What is your service center of choice? Or what is THE place to go to near you?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
What is your service center of choice? Or what is THE place to go to near you?
Dry Harbour Marine, Charlevoix!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Registered

FYI- Ian flew to NC several years back to look at a pair of 625's I had in my previous Spectre at no charge to me. I didn't have it in writing but the bottom line is they stand behind their product. I wanna believe the training is cheap like $800. If a repair shop can't make that back in a reasonable amount of time that's a problem. Granted I wouldn't expect them to do so for just one customer.

Quick Reply: Any current/new ILMOR owners??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.