Notices

Carrera Power boats.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I just got my new Hotboat magazine and they tested the 36 Carrera with triple 300XS and only got 72+ mph? I was hoping for 80 mph with 900 hp. Boat looked pretty nice in the pictures.
Miss print maybe? I would think it would do more.

My 12,000 lbs 38 Fountain with trip 275's will do 69-70 with 400+ gallons of fuel and loaded up on bone stock props. Guy at the marina is getting 73-74 on labbed props.

Mike did the test say what the fuel mileage was at different rpm's?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
The 36 Concept is really only a 33 foot hull too. The bracket makes 35 feet and change over all length.

What is the weight difference between a 36 Concept and 36 Carrera?
Yes....good point......ALL the Concepts include the bracket as running surface (boat size) they are 2-3 feet shorter than listed sizes. The Carreras are true to size and are measured from the transom NOT the motor bracket.

Concept 36 weight 5200 LBS

Carrera 36 weight 8500 LBS
(keep in mind this boat is 1'2" wider and almost 3 feet longer than the Concept)
Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Miss print maybe? I would think it would do more.

My 12,000 lbs 38 Fountain with trip 275's will do 69-70 with 400+ gallons of fuel and loaded up on bone stock props. Guy at the marina is getting 73-74 on labbed props.

Mike did the test say what the fuel mileage was at different rpm's?
Ok correction the 300 xs package will run 72-75 MPH the New Verado 300 will run close to 80 from what the factory has told us.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Driven1 have you looked at Glasstream boats? They look nice but I have not checked one out in person but I am very very curious about this brand.

http://www.glasstream.com/

Anyone?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Driven1 have you looked at Glasstream boats? They look nice but I have not checked one out in person but I am very very curious about this brand.

http://www.glasstream.com/

Anyone?
I got some flyers on them and it looked nice. But I can tell you that I did not spend more than one minute on the boat at the Miami show before I said pass. When are you going to take me out on your boat? I am boatless and getting bored.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

I got some flyers on them and it looked nice. But I can tell you that I did not spend more than one minute on the boat at the Miami show before I said pass. When are you going to take me out on your boat? I am boatless and getting bored.
So the Glasstream had fit and finish issues or was the lay out not good? I've never been on one.

You and the family are always welcome to go out with us. If you really miss boating you can even drive! How about next weekend we all go out maybe down to Eggmont Key and anchor off the beach or hit a local resturant? Have you ever been up the Manatee River to Mango's at Riviera Dunes? We love that place and it has awesome docking. Lisa an I also want to take a trip up to Clearwater to Frenchy's...Lots of options...Let us know!
Mike
Old 05-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So the Glasstream had fit and finish issues or was the lay out not good? I've never been on one.

You and the family are always welcome to go out with us. If you really miss boating you can even drive! How about next weekend we all go out maybe down to Eggmont Key and anchor off the beach or hit a local resturant? Have you ever been up the Manatee River to Mango's at Riviera Dunes? We love that place and it has awesome docking. Lisa an I also want to take a trip up to Clearwater to Frenchy's...Lots of options...Let us know!
Mike
The fit and finish was not up to par, even more so when you consider that was the boat they brought to the show.
Heather is going to Atlanta on Sunday, maybe the following weekend. I look at my empty lift everyday and wonder what will go there next. As soon as I sell the house I will probably order a new boat then. Mike
Old 05-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

The fit and finish was not up to par, even more so when you consider that was the boat they brought to the show.
Heather is going to Atlanta on Sunday, maybe the following weekend. I look at my empty lift everyday and wonder what will go there next. As soon as I sell the house I will probably order a new boat then. Mike
Thanks for the info. Stop over anytime you want. I'll be around all day today. I am going out now to wash the car. I did Sebring again with the Porsche Club yesterday....total BLAST!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Registered

Hello,

This is correct (referring to last entry regarding Carrera), I'm a broker in Fort Lauderdale and I've sold several Carrera CC's. The most popular is the 32 foot typically powered by twin 250 Merc's. They are actually located in the area of Homestead, Florida and they have a very small shop (only 4 boats at a time) so all Carrera CC are custom built to order. They are building up a reputation but for now have a narrow customer base, mostly out of the miami area and most are attracted to the heavy graphics. They are a deep-V construction and have a extra thick hull. I was on a sea trial not to long ago and was quite impressed.

Hope this helps, and of course if anyone is interested in buying one let me know.

Have a good day!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Registered

How about?
33 Ocean Hawk ( Cigarette 33 Cafe)
Renegade
Lazer Power Boats
Solid Powerboats

Last edited by FeverMike; 05-19-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Carrera Power boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.