Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I've gone nuts, help stop the insanity????(EBM Mags fault) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/157416-ive-gone-nuts-help-stop-insanity-ebm-mags-fault.html)

Zudnic 05-04-2007 12:32 AM

I've gone nuts, help stop the insanity????(EBM Mags fault)

1 Attachment(s)
I'm driving down to Redding, CA, not this weekend, following and Lake Shasta looks good from the I-5. I only need to spend a couple hrs looking around the area, so need to make the trip worth. Flipping through issue 4.1 of EBM they had a spread on Shasta, I need to boat this lake!!!!!!! Houseboats and other rentals are pricey. Saw this today on my way home, thinkng of buying just for the weekend and sell it again after..... Or is this just nuts for a day or two on Lake Shasta?

Boat is a 18Ft Marlin. Engine is a GM350+. Engine was built last year and runs strong. Seats 4-6. Has all new gauges. Just serviced and ready to go. Jet is a Burkley and was Rebuilt before last season. Trailer was painted and new tires last year. New twin batteries. Set up to pull ski's or tube. Includes everything to pass CG rules. No neg issues with this boat.
He'll take $2,400 for it, should be able to find someone else to buy it after for the same money, yes?

Griff 05-04-2007 03:12 AM

Yeah, its nuts for a day or 2. But then again, non boaters think its nuts to spend $300 for fuel and 100k for a boat.

yss 05-04-2007 08:10 AM

I think it's a great idea. Sounds like something I would do. I'd just get stuck with the boat for 3 yrs.

Zudnic 05-04-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2116281)
Yeah, its nuts for a day or 2. But then again, non boaters .

I'll extend the trip for a extra 2 day's so it will be less nuts. :D

Originally Posted by yss (Post 2116407)
I think it's a great idea. Sounds like something I would do. I'd just get stuck with the boat for 3 yrs.

Male logic at it's best... Even if I get stuck with it, will make an ok project to fix up, so don't end up F'in up something nice.... :D

Racegirl3 05-04-2007 10:15 AM

Sounds like a great idea to me ... but then again ... I drove to Hersey PA (8 hrs) to buy candy bars once so what do I know :drink:

bouyhunter 05-04-2007 10:27 AM

Go for it.
Any time I question myself about something like this, this voice in my head always says "quit tormenting yourself - you know you're going to do it anyway - just do it".
That pretty much ends my questioning.

Zudnic 05-04-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2116547)
Sounds like a great idea to me ... but then again ... I drove to Hersey PA (8 hrs) to buy candy bars once so what do I know :drink:

That's perfectly normal, I have a candy bar and Sushi addiction that I've driven 6hrs combined to fill.... Think ex-girlfriend used the word "your a moron" after I told her what I was doing. :drink:

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2116569)
Go for it.
Any time I question myself about something like this, this voice in my head always says "quit tormenting yourself - you know you're going to do it anyway - just do it".
That pretty much ends my questioning.

River trial this Sunday, if it seems to run strong, I'll buy it. Worked it out would cost about the same to rent most water toy's for the same amount of time.

The only questioning is dont want to break down and ruin my semi-vacation on the lake.......

jhiguy377 05-04-2007 11:27 AM

how can you lose? let's say you get $1800 for it at the end of season - renting a boat is $200 - $350/day. good luck. -jeff

Zudnic 05-04-2007 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by jhiguy377 (Post 2116640)
how can you lose? let's say you get $1800 for it at the end of season - renting a boat is $200 - $350/day. good luck. -jeff

Very true... This style of boat is also fairly popular in Northern Cali. Thinking if I keep a forsale sign on at the docks, gas stations, hotel parking lot, etc in Redding. Another person will come to the same conclusion....... :D

bouyhunter 05-04-2007 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zudnic (Post 2116602)

The only questioning is dont want to break down and ruin my semi-vacation on the lake.......

And, therein lies part of the adventure, experience, that will make it memorable.
Doing wacky things like this (to the "normal people") is why we always have the best stories.

Good luck with it - hell, I might even buy it off ya when you're done with the vacation.

Quality Time 05-04-2007 03:33 PM

A small block in a jet may be very difficult to unload. How long has this one been for sale?

tblrklakemo 05-04-2007 03:41 PM

That looks like fun.....keep it for a while and see what happens. Doesn sound like it will burning a whole in you pocket anyway.

phragle 05-04-2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2116547)

your female..its chocolate...makes perfect sense...

Zudnic 05-04-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2116721)
Good luck with it - hell, I might even buy it off ya when you're done with the vacation.

If I don't get any interest around the Lake, etc. I'll keep that in mind. Might be fun to restore, rather learn on this then something alot more expensive.....

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 2116855)
That looks like fun.....keep it for a while and see what happens. Doesn sound like it will burning a whole in you pocket anyway.

I'm lucky that I dont have much expenses compared to people in the real world. No wife, known kids, no housing expenses, about the only expense I have is personal gas and food. Helps when I see something fun...........

BY U BOY 05-04-2007 11:31 PM

DOOOOOOOOOOOO It:D

Zudnic 05-05-2007 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2117252)
DOOOOOOOOOOOO It:D

River trial Sunday as long as she runs ok I'll do it! Not expecting much for the money, basicly better than what you can rent there for around the same cash.....

Zudnic 05-11-2007 12:42 AM

Said F'it and bought it tonight..... :D

racesdad 05-11-2007 01:14 AM

i will buy it from you when your done. hell a guy is coming to pick up the old skater soon from cali. i might have him bring it with him for me

AIR TIME 05-11-2007 07:49 AM

congrats:D

BajaRunner 05-11-2007 08:45 AM

Ive done stuff like that. Makes sense to me :D

Zudnic 05-11-2007 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by racesdad (Post 2124183)
i will buy it from you when your done.

She is a blast on the river, little impractical for all day use. But might make a quick and easy after work trailer to River, blow off some steam type of deal...... Spent from 10am until 4:30 this afternoon and only burned a tank of gas...

Finishing dinner and heading out again until dark!!!! :D

The second I sell and receive check from real estate I'm getting a Top Gun....