Predator Powerboats Does It Again... >

Predator Powerboats Does It Again...

Notices

Predator Powerboats Does It Again...

Old 06-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Noli

No offense but if these are such great boats, why is it that there is never any positive press. The one in Arizona is for sale and has been for some time and its the only WB that got any press, I've never seen any new build announcements or test information or anything other than your updates. I do recall seeing a thread from the guy over sea's that bought one (displayed at Miami) and when the paint fell off he claimed the builder did nothing for him. If I recall, the guy went through some significant heart burn get the boat into the condition it should have been when it was built. If I'm wrong, enlighten me because I actually traded info with you and thought about buying the one out west but for my 1/4 of a million, I want to cry once when I strike the check. Again, no offense meant, but seems like a little bit of sizzle and no steak. How many WBs have been sold and delivered?

Last edited by iamjoe; 06-01-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

no offense at all Joe, I'm sure a few folks have the same questions. I don't know what the issue was with the paint.

I actually don't know much about the owners. I find pics on the internet or in some cases the owner and/or the builder will send me pics and then I will post the pics here

I wish I was closer to the marine industry, but I'm just a software developer rebuilding my 20 footer with a very abused history....but its so convenient to have the boat fit in my garage and not have to pay space at a marina.

I believe there's another widebody being built and hopefully this customer is not camera shy because I too want to see more Predators running in Poker runs, etc.

let's see if we can find more pics of the new widebody being built, and lets post here

Last edited by noli; 06-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:01 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Overseas Guy

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Hi Noli

No offense but if these are such great boats, why is it that there is never any positive press. The one in Arizona is for sale and has been for some time and its the only WB that got any press, I've never seen any new build announcements or test information or anything other than your updates. I do recall seeing a thread from the guy over sea's that bought one (displayed at Miami) and when the paint fell off he claimed the builder did nothing for him. If I recall, the guy went through some significant heart burn get the boat into the condition it should have been when it was built. If I'm wrong, enlighten me because I actually traded info with you and thought about buying the one out west but for my 1/4 of a million, I want to cry once when I strike the check. Again, no offense meant, but seems like a little bit of sizzle and no steak. How many WBs have been sold and delivered?
Joe ,

im that overseas Guy and was thinking the same as You when started my build whit predator and wanted to give them a Boat to show to the world that was on the site for Some time as a rendering and hope the press would help them grow .
Unfortunetly there was a issue that i try to solve in all sort of way during almost 2 years but predator decided not to .
I wont put It out here again as it was for a few days and then took down.

Anyone that want to know the story can send me a Message or email and im happy to tell the story

bor

ps . Noli , that run away painter story I never heared do you have more details on that ?

Old 06-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Registered

Hi Noli

You seem pretty hooked into the marine industry as a huge outboard fan. I enjoy everything you post (the Pillini post is always good) Not long ago I complimented you on the pic (avatar? not sure) of the old outboard runabout you had. I grew up around that stuff and to me, nothing smells as good as the exhaust from a really old merc.

Hi Bor

I hope the boat turned out well. Didn't mean to bring up old dirt but I was of the opinion that if someone is playing in the high performance boat biz, they should back their stuff or suffer the consequences, which in a round about way is happening now. I'd love to see how it turned out
Old 06-01-2019, 04:32 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Hi Noli

You seem pretty hooked into the marine industry as a huge outboard fan. I enjoy everything you post (the Pillini post is always good) Not long ago I complimented you on the pic (avatar? not sure) of the old outboard runabout you had. I grew up around that stuff and to me, nothing smells as good as the exhaust from a really old merc.

Hi Bor

I hope the boat turned out well. Didn't mean to bring up old dirt but I was of the opinion that if someone is playing in the high performance boat biz, they should back their stuff or suffer the consequences, which in a round about way is happening now. I'd love to see how it turned out
Hi joe ,

we are on the same page , what goes arround comes arround .

The boat is about 1 month away from watertest , finally just have to make bunks on the new trailer as USA trailer is not allowed here and European don’t build for cats , and props are being made in a week or 2 .

bor
Old 06-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

I have ridden on the Grey WB multiple times out in lake havasu. AWESOME BOAT! Especially for the money. Seriously please post the next closest competition??? There is nothing that I can find 2017+ 30-33' 120mph with 400R's for even close to that kind of money. The boat is gorgeous, runs and handles good, and is built pretty good. I wouldn't say its the best twin outboard cat ever made but its also not 450K! Plus you would be surprised how many well respected brands of boats have issues and how much stuff is kept secret in this industry. Ego's and resale value keep a lot quiet. Predator as a company for sure has some issues also, and hopefully will improve. But I wouldn't be scared to own one of their boats. So my philosophy is get the best overall value and just be prepared to spend a little money to make things right. Used, new, whatever they all break, they all need something, plus half the fun is customizing and making it your own!

Call me anytime to chat about the grey WB. I have also rode on a standard predator with 300xs, and many other cats to compare. Cool boats overall!

Kevin
231-534-five zero six zero
Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I have ridden on the Grey WB multiple times out in lake havasu. AWESOME BOAT! Especially for the money. Seriously please post the next closest competition??? There is nothing that I can find 2017+ 30-33' 120mph with 400R's for even close to that kind of money. The boat is gorgeous, runs and handles good, and is built pretty good. I wouldn't say its the best twin outboard cat ever made but its also not 450K! Plus you would be surprised how many well respected brands of boats have issues and how much stuff is kept secret in this industry. Ego's and resale value keep a lot quiet. Predator as a company for sure has some issues also, and hopefully will improve. But I wouldn't be scared to own one of their boats. So my philosophy is get the best overall value and just be prepared to spend a little money to make things right. Used, new, whatever they all break, they all need something, plus half the fun is customizing and making it your own!

Call me anytime to chat about the grey WB. I have also rode on a standard predator with 300xs, and many other cats to compare. Cool boats overall!

Kevin
231-534-five zero six zero
Hi Kevin

Please don't misunderstand my point. I'm not saying that the gray WB is a bad boat. If you talk about late model USED cats, there are others out there available (the orange Pillini @ $225K) or a hand full of Skater 30s w/ 400s or 300s. My point is that if a builder in this arena wants to sell boats and have a following, their product should meet reasonable expectations for the buyer. If the buyer gets a boat and the paint falls off, the builder who refuses to back his product is not someone that I (and most people) will trust. Honestly, I think the gray boat is gorgeous as its the color I would order on a new boat. My point is the gray boat is the only one that's been built and gotten any kind of press (from Noli). Wouldn't you agree that there is a reason for that? Like you said, it can't be the price, right?.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Registered

iamjoe,

the second WB will get a lot of press, the owner is not camera shy

Last edited by noli; 06-02-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Registered

not sure, I will find out

Last edited by noli; 06-02-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Registered

I can only post pics and nothing more

Last edited by noli; 06-02-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Predator Powerboats Does It Again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.