Old 06-02-2019, 02:40 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noli
let's talk later, I think I know where the confusion is

noli

Joe is just tell some facts and ask a question ,

just let arnaldo come out and tell his story or solution don’t try to keep everyone happy here because that won’t work .

arnaldo don’t fix a problem and keep quite and let you take the hit for it that’s a shame .
You try to save arnaldo / predator name but he have to do this himself it’s not worth to be part in this for you

you are a real nice upstanding guy did a lot for me when I was there and during the build , even when we had the issue but arnaldo chose not to fix it , then you had to let him go and deal whit it all .

You and arnaldo still have my contact info to work something out
Old 06-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 545 Likes on 330 Posts

bor,

What ever Arnaldo said to you to fix this issue, whatever that is (I was not part of it, so I don't know what that was) why didn't you follow his advice instead of destroying his name and reputation on these OSO pages

it would've been so much easier for you and everyone else. Not to mention hiring your friend from the Northwest region to come here and gang up on me

instead you decided to take the up-river route

you and I had a great time in Miami....we got to know each other real well during that week....what the heck happened to us

Old 06-02-2019, 02:47 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by noli

a mercury employee painted that motor, so yes Mercury is on the hook

but if mercury hired a company on behalf of the buyer to paint the motor, mercury is not on the hook

if I hire Beautiful Upholstery Inc to build the upholstery, and the upholstery begins to fall apart, I'm not on the hook, Beautiful Upholstery is because I outsourced the upholstery on behalf of the owner

unfortunatly Arnaldo/predator Didnt hired a Painter on my behalf , i Told him if he want to paint the Boat so it looked better on the boatshow he have to do it , i wanted a gelcoated Boat which You Also know

but please stop it would not be worth it to go further it just get worst this way
Old 06-02-2019, 02:59 PM
bor
Registered

Default Be carefull

Noli ,

please be carefull i dont know Joe and havent hired Anyone .

Which advise arnaldo give me ?

We had indeed a great time and that’s why I say let arnaldo take responsibility for his action it’s not yours but this way it give you a bad name over his fault .

a few simple facts :

why does he not tell his side of the story ?
Why he don’t respond on my emails or text?
Why he never react on a official letter he got from a attorney that he has responsibility? ( too bad it is not worth it to start a case on such small amount of money in the USA ) but still 4 months income for me

so please let us stop now and send arnaldo the message he have to step up and don’t let you take the hits

Old 06-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Noli

I do not know Bor or anyone from the NW. Should I take your comment on my writing style as a compliment? I'm a published author, so my style has served me well, hence I'm good with it and I hope you are too. If not, ok. In the end Noli, whomever the painter was contracted by is the person who is responsible for making it right. If Bor wanted a certain painter to do the work and instructed the builder to hire that person, Bor should eat it. On the other hand if the builder hired the painter, the builder should eat it. What it all boils down to is common sense and fair play. This is a shining example that customer service is the life-blood of a successful biz.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:51 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Noli

If Bor wanted a certain painter to do the work and instructed the builder to hire that person, Bor should eat it. On the other hand if the builder hired the painter, the builder should eat it. What it all boils down to is common sense and fair play. This is a shining example that customer service is the life-blood of a successful biz.
I'm a builder/remodeler, if I build (say) an addition for a client and the paint starts to peel off the windows it's MY problem. I hired the painter, I qualified the painter, I researched the painter, I've had him do jobs for me before. I wouldn't just go out and hire a painter unless I could vouch for his work...period. It reflects on ME, not the painter, it's MY job, MY people, MY reputation, MY business, MY future referrals, MY expense to redo, NOT the painter. This painter Predator hired should have done tons of work for him before, if not he should have qualified the painter prior to hiring him, if he didn't then he gets what he deserves. Nobody steps on my job that I'm not 100% certain, 100% positive, 100% sure of their ability and performance.

I'm only as good as the people I have do a job for me, it's a simple and complex as that. We're all human, we all make mistakes, if a sub of mine goofs then I have 100% confidence they'll make it good for me. Now in this case if the boat is overseas the only remedy is $$ reimbursement, but that's the builder's problem and if he doesn't make good on it then it becomes your problem and a big mess and it's where reputation becomes an issue as well as future business.

Last edited by Indy; 06-02-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Indy
I'm a builder/remodeler, if I build (say) an addition for a client and the paint starts to peel off the windows it's MY problem. I hired the painter, I qualified the painter, I researched the painter, I've had him do jobs for me before. I wouldn't just go out and hire a painter unless I could vouch for his work...period. It reflects on ME, not the painter, it's MY job, MY people, MY reputation, MY business, MY future referrals, MY expense to redo, NOT the painter. This painter Predator hired should have done tons of work for him before, if not he should have qualified the painter prior to hiring him, if he didn't then he gets what he deserves. Nobody steps on my job that I'm not 100% certain, 100% positive, 100% sure of their ability and performance.

I'm only as good as the people I have do a job for me, it's a simple and complex as that. We're all human, we all make mistakes, if a sub of mine goofs then I have 100% confidence they'll make it good for me. Now in this case if the boat is overseas the only remedy is $$ reimbursement, but that's the builder's problem and if he doesn't make good on it then it becomes your problem and a big mess and it's where reputation becomes an issue as well as future business.
Bravo Indy. You'll relate to this story- I used to build custom homes in the Chicago area. I sold a guy a piece of dirt and we contracted for me to build him a 9000+/- home. He insisted that I hire his wife's cousin who was a drywall contractor. I agreed and made note in the contract that I would not take responsibility for the drywall install, finish or paint. When the guy finished the work, it was the worst I'd ever seen. The buyer wanted me to r&r the entire job because he was "disatisfied". My answer was nope, read your contract. He claimed he misunderstood the stipulation tied to the drywall, so he shouldn't be responsible. At one point he said he had so much more money than me, he would bury me in legal fee's. As it turned out, he did have a lot of money. He had won $12M in the Ill lottery. I stopped all work, and literally covered the place with liens. It took more than 5 years to run its course, but in the end I got all of my money, plus interest and all legal fees. He ended up with an almost 6-year old "new" home that was unfinished with expired warrantees on the hvac, plumbing rough-in and electrical. He let it go into foreclosure and another corp I owned bought it for about 30% of what was spent. I gutted it, redid it and made over $400K when the dust settled. I love dumbazzs.......................... especially dumbazzes who won the lotto
Old 06-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Bravo Indy. You'll relate to this story- I used to build custom homes in the Chicago area. I sold a guy a piece of dirt and we contracted for me to build him a 9000+/- home. He insisted that I hire his wife's cousin who was a drywall contractor. I agreed and made note in the contract that I would not take responsibility for the drywall install, finish or paint. When the guy finished the work, it was the worst I'd ever seen. The buyer wanted me to r&r the entire job because he was "disatisfied". My answer was nope, read your contract. He claimed he misunderstood the stipulation tied to the drywall, so he shouldn't be responsible. At one point he said he had so much more money than me, he would bury me in legal fee's. As it turned out, he did have a lot of money. He had won $12M in the Ill lottery. I stopped all work, and literally covered the place with liens. It took more than 5 years to run its course, but in the end I got all of my money, plus interest and all legal fees. He ended up with an almost 6-year old "new" home that was unfinished with expired warrantees on the hvac, plumbing rough-in and electrical. He let it go into foreclosure and another corp I owned bought it for about 30% of what was spent. I gutted it, redid it and made over $400K when the dust settled. I love dumbazzs.......................... especially dumbazzes who won the lotto
omg, you really did some justice there

what you did there, is illegal in some states
[namely, you chit on someone's home, put all sorts of liens on it, and when the homeowner had no where to turn and have his home become a distressed property, you swoop down like a vulture to make money from its remains after you found out the guy was rich from lottery winnings?]

and I guess you disagree with Indy when you put all sorts of liens on your customer's property....because Indy, unlike yourself would "expense to redo"....nice?

I'm a builder/remodeler, ... it's MY job, MY people, MY reputation, MY business, MY future referrals, MY expense to redo, NOT the painter. ... Nobody steps on my job that I'm not 100% certain, 100% positive, 100% sure of their ability and performance.

I'm only as good as the people I have do a job for me, it's a simple and complex as that. We're all human, we all make mistakes, if a sub of mine goofs then I have 100% confidence they'll make it good for me....

Last edited by noli; 06-03-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Registered

tooling gel on the new windshield receiver

Last edited by noli; 06-02-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 AM
bor
Registered

well said Indy !

And that’s what I tried to work out whit predator over almost 2 years before I went. Public .

Quick Reply: Predator Powerboats Does It Again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.