Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is OL handling the law suit?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

this guy is a scum bag someone other than pro should post his name and what dealerships they own and let everyone in the area know what they are up to. steeling money for kids that need help. so sorry to here about this marc and bob you are wonderful people for helping the kids. PS how does this azz look in the mirror in the morning must of been a spoiled brat as a kid too. art
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Just what does this looser expect to gain from this, a clear conscious? There is no way to buy that. He made a mistake he will live with forever, why drag 100s of innocent children, and men/women who want to help these children, into his guilt trip? I am sure those that lost their life that day are rolling in their grave, they are the ones who really paid. The fact is this driver had a new boat, no seat time, and a throttleman who is a racer and was going way above the drivers ability. He should have known better too and backed off. These two are 100% to blame, the water was like glass, the sky was clear and there were no other boats in the way. I watched him and asked everyone in my boat why they were overshooting the pier, then like a bat out of hell he made a very sharp turn and flipped. You know these guys are reading this and if they are they need to know two things...one is they are ruining this day for the kids who count on the rides and the money, and that they are opening old wounds that were just starting to heal. Thanks for nothing and don't you ever show your face in the Holland/ Grand Haven area or you will be run out like the scum you are. It is people just like you that ruin it for everyone. How does it feel to have cause so much pain for so many people and to continue this pain today and for the foreseeable future. Get a life and leave us alone, you now have more to worry about, like watching your back. POS.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Art it is my understanding that the owner of the boat is the one suing Marc and Bob. His name is David Morrison and at the time of the accident it was noted that he was a wealthy business man from CA. The gentleman that was in the Car business was a passenger from WI, and I believe his family is suing the driver. It is unfortunate since both passengers did not know the driver before the run. The guy from WI rode on Morrison's OL because there was no room for him on his friends boat. The other passenger was a young mechanic from OL. The driver was asked to take them, I am sure he felt he was doing them a big favor, and I am sure both passengers were thrilled to go.

I believe law suits are public record, but I don't have a clue how to pull the information up and I don't believe Marc would mind if we did. If anyone finds the information and is afraid to post it, PM me with it and I will probably do it, after I consult my laywer that is

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-07-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Mitch have you been asked to give a depostiton on Marc and Bob's behalf. I hope so because you will be a good witness for his defense.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It is very sad but some what predictable. When you talk to these guys that are running these runs and calling it racing....... Nothing good can come of this mentality. More runs need to be set up with pace boats if you ask me. I have been on a few like that and they are quite fun.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Registered

There was a pace boat, unfortunately he blew by them. this was an accident that really had nothing to do with a poker run, he was way out in front in wide open flat water. The problem was he did not know where he was going and was in a new boat. He broke the rules of the poker run and the rules of common sense and two others paid the price. Instead of standing up and taking it like a man he is a coward and wants to try to place the blame elsewhere. Maybe this lets him sleep at night, or more likely keep more of his money.

The list is much longer of those who have perished in or as a result of offshore boats that were not in a run as a opposed to those that were. I can remember the two brothers in the cat from Long Island, the guy that owned Bone Fish, the guy at Lake Cumberland the day before the poker run, the family that perished by Naples, the guy out side of a chicago harbor about 4 years ago. A guy from VA just last year, those are just a the ones I remember being talked about. What about all the other accidents on the water involving cruisers. In those cases who does the driver sue the county the body of water is in, the coast guard for allowing him to boat, it's just ridiculous. When you think about it accidents from poker runs make up an extremely small percentage of accidents on the water, perhaps all boating should be banned on any body of lake that has had a death. We had two on our little lake, a scuba diver that never surfaced, and a swimmer that was run over in the dark in the middle of the lake, perhaps we should ban swimming.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is Kevin

Kevin has been at SOTW for 4 years now and was not expected to make it last year

Doctors have told him he wouldnt make 17 years old and is now pushing 18

You will never see a kid more into fast boats, cars, trucks ect..

since Kevin has started coming to SOTW he has been a fixture at many runs and boat races around the state and a real joy to have around the docks in his wheelchair

As most of you know my dually is pretty tricked out and first thing Kevin says to me every year when he gets to our event is "Where is Your Truck?" he wants to see it

He has been given rides by many boaters and others as well

Dean Louchs has taken him in his Dodge Viper

Tom Abrams of Reliable Fame has taken him for boat rides and car rides and they were honored in Detroit together this year both Kevin and Tom

Last year he rode in an Outerlimits

I am calling his parents today and I think Bob may have already chatted with them

I am at a lost to explain to Kevin why this one event he puts on his calender, and looks forward to all year, has had to stop

Someone want to explain this to Kevin for us ???
Mr. Attorney???
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-131.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

another of kevin
Attached Thumbnails Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled-8.jpg  

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.