Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc.....thanks for the additional info. Any more details would be welcomed.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well if she got 3mm the personal injury lawyer got 1/3 plus expenses (costs like insurance investigators/accident reconstruction etc.)

Marc if they got mucho money where did the it come from? SOTW shouldn't have had any substantial assets and you and Bob wouldn't be personally liable. Did they get big judgements with no payoffs or did they actually collect from someone?

Scott,

I missed your post

SOTW had no assests to speak of

Payout came from more than one entity

If Bob or I had any real money you can bet your skin they would have come after it by saying we were liable

It is not about who is right or wrong anymore it is about the money
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very sad for all. hang in there marc, you put on a great show.
hope to see you soon.
todd
Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
I will say it again DO NOT VOTE ANY LAWYERS INTO OFFICE our country is going to hell much in part due to no accountability and alot of aragance on the part of the legal system
So true
Old 08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

In the state of WI ( I am guessing this is where it was filed?) you can read the court events etc on line, will give basics, dates status etc, but will NOT have spacifics of a settlement etc. This however is public record, if you have the county or at the least the case people/entities you can get the case number, go to that court house and copy anything you want (As long as it is not sealed, but this happens mainly in family cases only)

If someone gets me the above info, next tiome I am in the area I will try and get a copy. (I am guessing it is in Waukesha County? and I need to know either the case number or the actual case heading.)

I know Cannon and Dunphy as they are one of my clients for the processes service side of our company. They are VERY good attorneys at personal Injury, unfortunatly you are currently on the other side, but if they were for you, I am sure it would be a different story.

That being said, I agree, people take need to take stock on who is really at fault, In my opinion the one that messed up was the driver, period... IMO: He should be the one to pay.

Once the actual settlement numbers etc are public, I think we will see what/who had to pay the final settlement.

Sucks though.... But many things can be done on your own in the legal system, and in most cases MUCH better than any attorney can do for you, just read up a little and remember the one who costs the otherside the most useally wins. I know, I took on the Ho-Chunk Nation here in WI and won, not only in their tribal court, but also in their Supreme Tribal court. And without an attorney, It just takes common sence and be willing to go the etra mile to know your side, legal loopholes and be NOT afraid to through there side into a bus(metaphorically speaking). Court reform in the years to come should be VERY interesting.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are registered as a business you CAN NOT represent the company yourself
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
In the state of WI ( I am guessing this is where it was filed?) you can read the court events etc on line, will give basics, dates status etc, but will NOT have spacifics of a settlement etc. This however is public record, if you have the county or at the least the case people/entities you can get the case number, go to that court house and copy anything you want (As long as it is not sealed, but this happens mainly in family cases only)

If someone gets me the above info, next tiome I am in the area I will try and get a copy. (I am guessing it is in Waukesha County? and I need to know either the case number or the actual case heading.)

I know Cannon and Dunphy as they are one of my clients for the processes service side of our company. They are VERY good attorneys at personal Injury, unfortunatly you are currently on the other side, but if they were for you, I am sure it would be a different story.

That being said, I agree, people take need to take stock on who is really at fault, In my opinion the one that messed up was the driver, period... IMO: He should be the one to pay.

Once the actual settlement numbers etc are public, I think we will see what/who had to pay the final settlement.
I already did a search on the local party that was one of the ones killed and all that is public so far is the missing person claim. (at least online)

I agree that if all the details were known, who was responsible, who's insurance paid, what responsibility the driver, throttleman had in all of this would benefit everyone.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
if you are registered as a business you CAN NOT represent the company yourself

That is not completely true... What you work out with your attorney as far as billables and what he/she does is up to you. From there he/she is YOUR puppet. And in most cases doesn't even have to open their mouth, just be present.

I am not bashing attorneys because WE all pay them ALOT of money per year, however... They have generally many cases, not just yours, you know the case personally and can know the ins and outs MUCH better, thus... Getting the other side either caught in the lie, or leading them down your path and admitting what is right and wrong. AGAIN let me first say, you need to be right or at the very least BELIEVE completely you are right otherwise they will find out and make YOU look bad....
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaholic
That is not completely true... What you work out with your attorney as far as billables and what he/she does is up to you. From there he/she is YOUR puppet. And in most cases doesn't even have to open their mouth, just be present.

I am not bashing attorneys because WE all pay them ALOT of money per year, however... They have generally many cases, not just yours, you know the case personally and can know the ins and outs MUCH better, thus... Getting the other side either caught in the lie, or leading them down your path and admitting what is right and wrong. AGAIN let me first say, you need to be right or at the very least BELIEVE completely you are right otherwise they will find out and make YOU look bad....
wtf do you know

You have nothing to do with this except cliking keys on the internet.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

here is the guy that was never found and still in Lk Michigan somewhere,....riding on the OL boat with chitty driver/throttle men, big shots with no respect for lives on board. Jerk-offs.

His family owns the oldest Ford dealership in WI and several other dealer groups.

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.