Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 05-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Marc..I dont know how your legal team is right now, if you need anything give me a call, my sister is semi retired, but is a mi. atty. did does corparate law with expertise in the type of stuff your going thru. she has worked with cedar point, defending them in the various suits filed by people suposedly injured on rollercoasters and stuff..she has NEVER lost a case. she is also much more interested in a good case, challange then compensation. I know it sounds like a shameless family plug, but in all honesty she is well know for her aggressive tenacity and is truely at the top of her field. she has alson been on and around the water since we were kids. she is not one thats happy just winning...she goes for total annialtion of her opponents and like I sid..she has never lost.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

Mark, I'm in for a few $$ to the fund - who wants to set it up?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by hitman
Bobby Russell is driving for OL in Europe!!! DUH!!! He was the driver, do you think he will sue OL and still get a ride from Them?
Umm, wrong. Read the original thread if you have the heart to see it through.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to say thanks to everyone for all the support

This is not the way we wanted things to go and we waited as long as we could before canceling the event in hopes of a more positive outcome

I have never been so dismayed over such a turn of events and am so pissed at how our legal system works

I am sure the Make A Wish Foundation of Michigan would be touched by the generosity of those offering to kick in a donation

I will work with them the beginning of the week to see how best to set up a fund for those that are interested in doing so It is a great and caring idea

By way of clarification -Bob Russel was not the driver of the boat he was throttling

And

Apache Pete is a very wise man
Old 05-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plain BS, performance boating has its risks you take that chance ever time you get in a boat or behind the wheel of one. Unfortunately in this situation the kids are the ones that are going to lose. This just makes me sick!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo
How will this effect the rest of the poker/fun runs?Will the domino effect show it spotted face.
So far this has not effected other Poker Runs, but it is important for us to stand behind Marc and support him in every way we can, he needs to win this case so it won't effect the future of our sport.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
So far this has not effected other Poker Runs, but it is important for us to stand behind Marc and support him in every way we can, he needs to win this case so it won't effect the future of our sport.
You got that right! Watch out for precedents set by cases such as these! I had the same thoughts as Apache Pete...man, what an a$$ this guy has to be...he has to live with himself screwing up and can't seem to take the blame?
Old 05-05-2007, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

really sad, I guess those forms we sign at poker runs don't mean a much to the lawyers
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
really sad, I guess those forms we sign at poker runs don't mean a much to the lawyers
Its a contract, and now days all contracts are meant to be broken and mis-interpeted. The lawyers and judges we have out there see no shame in someone breaking a contract. We had a former lawyer that was President testify to "What is the meaning of is". How can we expect anything better. It is a shame.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Marc..I dont know how your legal team is right now, if you need anything give me a call, my sister is semi retired, but is a mi. atty. did does corparate law with expertise in the type of stuff your going thru. she has worked with cedar point, defending them in the various suits filed by people suposedly injured on rollercoasters and stuff..she has NEVER lost a case. she is also much more interested in a good case, challange then compensation. I know it sounds like a shameless family plug, but in all honesty she is well know for her aggressive tenacity and is truely at the top of her field. she has alson been on and around the water since we were kids. she is not one thats happy just winning...she goes for total annialtion of her opponents and like I sid..she has never lost.
Sounds like a good "shameless family plug".

A good attorney can make all the difference.

Michael

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.