Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled >

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Notices

Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Old 05-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Due to the fact that there is ongoing litigation with respect to the deaths of two individuals at the 2005 Smoke on the Water poker Run event, it is with heavy hearts that PRO LLC is announcing that we will no longer be able to promote the Smoke on the Water Poker Run in Grand Haven, Michigan.

The lawyers representing the driver of the boat that was involved in the death of two people have now seen fit to sue PRO LLC and have made it financially no longer feasible for us to put on this event. PRO LLC had nothing to do with the operation of the boat that overturned but that apparently makes no difference to the attorneys who are suing our organization.

Because of the need for finding fault in a situation that clearly was an unintentional accident; the people that will suffer most are the children who benefited from this event. The faces of the Wish children as they enjoyed the day going on boat rides with us has been a very heart warming experience and the money raised at Friday nights auction for the kids will now all have to come to an end.

It is with heavy hearts that we have to end this wonderful event (at least temporarily) which had become the number one outside income producer for the Make- A- Wish Foundation of Michigan.

This legal action has resulted in depriving many Make- A Wish kids from their weekend in the sun. Additionally, it will deprive the Make-A-Wish of Michigan from tens of thousands of dollars to provide children living with terminal illnesses a chance at living out their wish before their lives are so sadly taken from them.

Our apologies to those who have already committed to attending or sponsoring our event, we have been working behind the scenes to resolve this. It did not look as if we were going to be dragged into this until recently when we received notice from the lawyers. As the date for the event comes closer we can not spend any more money hoping that this will be resolved. Multiple commitments and deposits are required of us to date to move blindly forward without knowing how this will all get settled.

To those that have already signed up or provided commitments as a sponsor;
If we have already accepted your payment it will be returned. If we have charged your credit card via your receiving your entry form it will be reimbursed.

Again, we have been working daily to resolve this, but the time has come that we needed to make a decision for the best of our sponsors, attendees, as well as our support suppliers and volunteers. Many of them take countless hours away from their work and family to help with this event.

Thanks to all that have supported us for the last 6 years and for donating close to $200,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan.

Marc Blondin, Bob Luellen & staff
PRO LLC (Poker Runs Offshore)
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc,

Sorry to hear of this development, but can't say I'm surprised. As you point out, the loss will be to the charity and kids that this event has so generously helped in the past.

Attorneys ...
Old 05-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this surprise anyone? We live in a nation where fault is always trying to be placed on someone elses shoulders. Now the kids who are already suffering have to lose out on what should be something positive in their lives. My heart goes out to them and I wish you luck on resolving this unfortunate matter.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sad news Bob.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wigginout
Does this surprise anyone? We live in a nation where fault is always trying to be placed on someone elses shoulders. Now the kids who are already suffering have to lose out on what should be something positive in their lives. My heart goes out to them and I wish you luck on resolving this unfortunate matter.
Exactly, very well put.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Legal system really bother's me on matter's such as this .........................
Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 AM

I personally want to thank Marc and Bob for putting on such a great event.
We all need to stand behind them and give them all the help and support we can.
This is very unfortunate but with everyones support hopefully they will be back.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. JB
Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Marc, not to exploit the kids in any way, but it would be nice to send a video of the past "Smoke on The Water" poker runs to the attorneys, and let them see all of the kids faces that are having the time of their life, and lets see if The "scumbag Lawyers" can sleep at night then. In fact tell us who the firm is and the OSO family will take it from there!

Sorry to hear that, and even more sorry for the kids!!

Todd Tanner
Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Todd,

They have it

It was subpoenaed already and they have had it for months

It appears they could care less
Old 05-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick Reply: Smoke on the Water Poker Run 2007 has been canceled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.