Notices

Ever seen one of these?

Old 05-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever seen one of these?

http://www.jaguarmarine.com/35openfish.htm

Just wanted to see if anyone has seen or heard anything about these before I go lookl at them. Thanks Mike
Old 05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I love'em but was not in my budget...
I spoke to the owner of the company last week and seemed like a nice guy. I was just looking for an OSO member that has seen them in person or been on one.
How is your new boat doing? What speeds are you seeing with the twin 300XS? Mike
Old 05-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I LOVE my new Concept!!!!

300XS's- AWESOME!!!!!

I am at 69MPH GPS @ 5600 w/4 blade Bravo I 26's with 100 gallons of fuel, full fishing gear, spare clothes, few beer coolers and some snacks- "real world" boating; not doing a speed run.

I have a set of 27 Mirage Plus's that should be good for a few more MPH- as soon as the rain stops I am going to put them on and try to get some runs in early this coming week (80 degrees one the way- yippeee!!!)

Once I get it all figured out I am going to get some custom props made- labbed, cupped or whatever, run low fuel and a light load for some speed runs.
Sounds good, how has the oil burn been with those motors?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ps- I understand the "Verado system" and they are nice because every thing works together (shifters, etc) but I am glad I have the 300XS's and would order them again without question!!

I had a set of 225EFI's and there are better than them 10 fold- fuel, oil, noise, sound, power, acceleration and every other category!
That is good to hear, because I used to have a triple engine boat with merc 225 efis and seemed to go thru allot of oil.

Last edited by DRIVEN1; 05-05-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike the 225's that you had were Optimax and the ones that Mark is talking about are EFI's.

I am not sure but from reading around on the net I bet the 300 opti's burn more oil than the 225 Opti's.

What is the warranty difference between the 300 and 250 Optimax? Also does the 300 Opti's absolutly have to run93 octane?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I spoke to the owner of the company last week and seemed like a nice guy. I was just looking for an OSO member that has seen them in person or been on one.
How is your new boat doing? What speeds are you seeing with the twin 300XS? Mike
jack is better then nice.real bright guy.builds a great boat.always did.plus he used to work for Jimmy Selance.really knows his HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by el indio; 05-05-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: forget the L
Old 05-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The Jag cat is fast but when I got in one I thought they had a very short gunwale ( only came up to the bottom of my knees all around the boat) and I was looking for deeper. Extremely cool boat however.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
If you read Clark's build process on that site you should have no trouble writing the check. He builds a great boat. This is without a doubt the best 35'-36' cat fishboat out there right now.
It seems like he builds a great boat and could build me one pretty quickly. I am probably going to go see them in person sometime within the month. One of his dealers who is local to me called me and the price seemed pretty high for a twin engine boat. He was trying to tell me somewhere around $300,000. I was thinking with only two motors this boat could be had for $200,000. I spoke to the fountain dealer last week and they said $219,000 for a 38 foot te with triple 275 verados.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
$81K is a lot of difference. And Fountain rules the SKA speedwise.
I just thought that the price seemed kind of high for that boat. I will go look at it and see what it can really be bought for. Also I wonder if insurance will be hard on it since it is a cat down here in Florida. I don't want the $9,000 insurance bill that I used to pay on my old boat. Hopefully they call it a fishing boat.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Go talk to Jack.He is a quiet man who does not brag.I personally have spent time with Jack and he is decades ahead of his time.The xtra money over a fountain is there.go talk to Jack.You will be impressed....his cat wont kill ya.wont even scratch you. he disigned and improved them to keep you alive......p.s..Jack is a hands on guy.Hi tech dude....worth the ride to meet him..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.