Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
bug you guys for a minute about cleaners. >

bug you guys for a minute about cleaners.

Notices

bug you guys for a minute about cleaners.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont really have any access to chemicals that "condition" anything as the majority of that stuff is a carnauba based wax and producing that stuff is HIGH DOLLAR because you have to heat it constantly anytime you add to it. As far as a waterstain remover for the hull, ive been using this stuff that we use on water plant filters and water towers for the last couple of years. Most stains are manganese based if they are reddish/brown in appearance and this is just a reaction that makes it fall off the boat.. I might post a video of it here in a bit to show what it can do, its amazing to watch it slide right off the boat. But its a two-part chemical with a HIGH amount of hydrogen peroxide as a portion of the catalyst. After being mixed, its only good for the next 24 hours.. how would the boating market feel about having to shake up some chemical each time they want to use it?

Thanks SOOO much for everyones responses here. This is starting like a perfect opportunity to get back into the marine industry after my hiatus as a marine surveyor. I will make sure that those that helped will be rewarded.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

here is a quick before and after shot of the chemical i just mentioned. This is a filter at a city water plant. The trough on the left was left as it was found and the one on the right was sprayed with the chemical, allowed to sit for a few minutes and rinsed with a fire hose (simply for volume, not pressure) and had the filter running back online in about an hour after the backwash. It does the same thing to the stains on a boat hull. The water in these filters is just lake water with chlorine added to it before its filtered so its the same stains we all get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO8mrot5N_o

Heres a quick video of the procedure, its boring, trust me but give it a couple of minutes and wait til we start spraying.
Attached Images  

Last edited by waterboy222; 05-08-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: added video
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have every cleaner on the market you guys are looking for. It is two years new. "Hot Sauce" We have a product that will do all listed above. Products work wonders. For wet boats, dry dirty boats and everything top to bottom. Send me a PM if interested in purchasing, I can do discounted pricing to board members.

Andy
Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

How would the h-peroxide affect vinyl? I wouldn't have a problem spraying and then hosing the transom each time, would it affect the wax though, i really like the shine leverage leaves, I would hate to go an use something that would strip it each time.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

offshore- I cant really answer that one yet. Ive never used it on a leverage'ed boat before but it seems to do a number on my wax job but the deal with this stuff is it doesn't allow regrowth or re-staining as fast. So maybe if you only use it at the waterline and the bottom of the hull, waxing wont be as often. I dont use it on the hullsides as it will take the wax off..

peroxide will bubble up and away any organics on the vinyl and will do just fine as far as not hurting the longevity of it.