Notices

Merc 700 ?????

Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Well from what I am reading here the nxt drive isn't the answer.
Don't discount the set up from the manufacturer - some are having outstanding results with the NXT. Might be worth looking a little deeper.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Working great for Cigarette. I know the X deminsion has something to do with it. There may be other differences as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Get Down
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Works great on the Donzi 38ZR Handles great and runs even better.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

the 32 DCB at the power boat trials was running 17X40 merc CNC 5 blades, too much diameter= transon lift,they normaly run 16.5X38's with no issues the 40's were just for big numbers,,,140mph on the limiters
Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LostCowboy
Working great for Cigarette. I know the X deminsion has something to do with it. There may be other differences as well.
Working great on the Sunsation F4 too, boat runs on rails. They found out on set up that X dimension had a lot to do with it.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:28 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
It didnt work with the Nortech's either. They elected to go back to the flawless #6
How would you know.You don't keep a boat long enough to even sea trial it before you sell it.Must be related to ThunderDan.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
How would you know.You don't keep a boat long enough to even sea trial it before you sell it.Must be related to ThunderDan.
LMAO - can we ask Jeff how well the arnesons do?

Oh yeah Jeff - when you called last Friday while working, this was us stopping for lunch. You are welcome to join us anytime.
Attached Thumbnails Merc 700 ?????-loto-hh.jpg  

Last edited by Mentalpause; 05-09-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I wonder what speed a 47 lighting would have with twin 700's and 6's?
Fountain reps told me 90, and my velocity prediction program gives the same answer.

I am very intrigued by this combination. Its a bit faster than triple 525s, and obviously a LOT simpler, lots more room in that engine room, and its a whole engine lighter (that's why its faster with a bit less power).

The twin diesel sounds really practical too -- get 2 mpg at cruise, and diesels cruise close to flat out. About 1.6 mpg flat out. About 70 mph, I think they said. And the rebuild time is forever. Of course, other stuff goes to hell, but not the drives or engine. The intercoolers clog, turbos fail, wiring goes wonky (just like on all EFI gas engines), etc. So maintenance is still needed. But its amazing when you look at a 2000 hour yanmar -- it looks and usually runs like brand new.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carcrash
Fountain reps told me 90, and my velocity prediction program gives the same answer.

I am very intrigued by this combination. Its a bit faster than triple 525s, and obviously a LOT simpler, lots more room in that engine room, and its a whole engine lighter (that's why its faster with a bit less power).

The twin diesel sounds really practical too -- get 2 mpg at cruise, and diesels cruise close to flat out. About 1.6 mpg flat out. About 70 mph, I think they said. And the rebuild time is forever. Of course, other stuff goes to hell, but not the drives or engine. The intercoolers clog, turbos fail, wiring goes wonky (just like on all EFI gas engines), etc. So maintenance is still needed. But its amazing when you look at a 2000 hour yanmar -- it looks and usually runs like brand new.
Here we go again - Jassby is going to build another Yanmar boat!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
LMAO - can we ask Jeff how well the arnesons do?

Oh yeah Jeff - when you called last Friday while working, this was us stopping for lunch. You are welcome to join us anytime.
So are you saying the boat would be faster with Merc?

Quick Reply: Merc 700 ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.