2007 Boat speed limits coming... >

2007 Boat speed limits coming...

Notices

2007 Boat speed limits coming...

Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
a friend of mine (senator in NH) says it will never pass. The test was just a way to move it out of sight.
R or D? If he's a D, that might indicate what the whole senate thinks. If he's an R, it might just be wishful thinking. But then, if the D's are anything in NH like they have been in NJ, you have little to worry about. Lots of talk, but when it comes time to vote they just look to the minority R's and say "What should we do?", so the R's might as well have the majority. It's kind of like when a new boss comes in and doesd't know what he's doing, so he has to ask the guy he stepped over for the job how to do everything and the guy who should have had the job is really running the place anyway.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also know - in part - this was an exercise in "CAN we enforce a speed limit"? Will the equipment (radar) work, do we have the man power to make it work and will it in fact help alieviate a "problem" (that doesn't exist in the first place)or will it just create a bigger one? Also, it was to stall the issue for further review, yada yada...

Again - join NHRBA www.nhrba.com, they support the "good guys" and the good fight!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike61965
But if it's obeyed, won't they try to say that shows that it works? Isn't it better to just avoid the areas than to go through them slowly and drive up the percentage of boats that are slowing down? My understanding from some of the other sites is that the boat cops are counting on nothing changing, so they will then be able to say the speed limits were useless and they will avoid having to worry about enforcing another law next year. That says we want to put the test to the test (so to speak). But actually, I just want to follow whatever we all decide to do to be sure we are all doing the same thing. If some guys are speeding up and some are slowing down, we'll be cancelling each other out.
You could look at it that way. But, I would like to show that performance boaters respect the laws of the lake ,even though this is not a law. If there are no incidents on the lake, no warnings issued, what can they do? It is just a study and a study proposed by our side. Why not respect it?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You could look at it that way. But, I would like to show that performance boaters respect the laws of the lake ,even though this is not a law. If there are no incidents on the lake, no warnings issued, what can they do? It is just a study and a study proposed by our side. Why not respect it?
Yep - this is the best overall tactic. Regardless of whether you drive an 18' bowrider or a 47' OL... just respect the "rules of the road" and the people around you, and it will figure itself out. All we need to do is give the "player-haters" a reason to b!tch some more and eventually they'll get some real consideration.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Audiofn;2123944]To the best of my knowledge switchables are allowed but you have to pass with them open not closed.

I got told to take my boat off the lake when I was there with switchable exaust a few years back. + a fine..
Just dropped the boat in and was heading to the Naswa where my girlfriend was waiting for me at the dock. She wasn't very happy when she had to drive the truck and trailler back to the launch to get me.
I was on vaca there for a week and they were not going to let me use my boat on the lake. I ended up calling the local marine patrol and plead my case. I ended up having to disconnect the wires on the exhaust to leave in the quite position.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Yep - this is the best overall tactic.
I'll go along if this is the strategy. I'll just stay out of those areas.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Don't you just love these Way Northeast Liberals??

Ray @ Raylar
Old 07-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

I got an email forwarded to me from a buddy of mine who is a member of NHRBA. A NH paper is running an opinion poll on the speed limit and he wants everyone to write in and trash the idea. Here's the link:
http://unionleader.com/article.aspx?...61e49#comments
Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch out for the "test" areas. In NJ they have found a way to impliment new laws without raising too much ire from the public. For seatbelts , cell phones and smoking , each year , they tighten the restrictions just "a little" more so nobody minds. Seatbelts are now a primary offense that you can be pulled over for. and cell phones are real close behind. You can now be ticketed for smoking in your car if you have an under 18 yo in the car with you.
I don't even smoke but WTF. Like somebody else said this is like cancer...it spreads. We have to unite NOW
Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

What happened to the speed limit test? I've been avoiding those two test zones like everyone suggested - Going extra slow when I had to use the Bear channel a couple of times to visit a buddy. But I'm constantly seeing patrol boats out in the open water in other parts of the lake pointing radar guns around this year. What's the deal with that?
For instance, I was out last weekend for an early run before the lake kicked up. Way up ahead, near Round Island (no where near the test areas) I see a boat with a big "MARINE PATROL" on the side and a cop standing in it pointing a radar gun at me. What do they expect me to do? I knew I was way too far away for him to get a reading, so I just slowed down. We waved and smiled to each other as I passed him at about 35. His grin was bigger than mine. What a joke. They might as well have their blue lights flashing. It's pretty clear that they want us to see them and slow down. I guess, in a sense, it works just like when they leave unoccuped cruisers on the sides of the road, as it got me to slow down. I have to admit I have been going a lot slower this summer when I'm on Winnipesaukee, knowing that the radar guns are everywhere. Bu this is getting old. Will we be able to start having fun again next year? When do all these summer cops go back to their real jobs?