2007 Boat speed limits coming...

Notices

2007 Boat speed limits coming...

Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
So, my question is this - I understand the zone between Sleepers and Rattlesnake Isl., but I don't get the zone between Bear and Pine Isl. That is a no wake zone to begin with, so no one goes above 6mph there anyway... or I am just retarded and I am missing the coordinates of that zone?
Not sure myself.

Last edited by pm203; 05-10-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RobK
my first post . . . i am amazed at the list of businesses around the lakes region that are the supporting the speed limit. some of them are marinas on the lake. looks like i will have to find some different restaurants this summers as well. check it out . . .

http://www.winnfabs.com/business_supporters.pdf
I would recommend writing letters to every one of them. If it came down to money or a speed limit, those businesses would pick the money everytime. For the restaurants, tell them you don't need them - "we can bring our own food".

People have to get together and speak loud and strong against them. Look what happened to our roads. There were some without speed limits just a decade ago. Now every one of them has a speed limit. In Germany they fight speed limits on the Autobahn just like we fight for our right to bear arms. We need to do the same for the water. I think we really need to get an anti-speed limit organization put together before it's too late. Speed limits are like cancer. They spread, and are darn hard to get rid of once they are there.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 05-10-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To the best of my knowledge switchables are allowed but you have to pass with them open not closed.

If you ask most of the people around the lake the majority will tell you it is the noise that they do not like. They think that if they put a speed limit on the lake we will all leave or there is no need for the huge motors that create the louder boats.

Jon
Old 06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought up at Lake Winni and had intended to do a lot of cruising, but I've recently been coming up to speed (no pun intended) on this whole speed limit issue. What is the plan for dealing with this test this summer? Should we be obeying it to show there is no speed problem, ignoring it to show that it doesn't work, or avoiding those two areas altogether? I really don't understand what is the best tactic here, but I suspect we all have to be thinking along the same lines.
I'm also hearing conflicting stories about the boating police's goal with this. Some have said they intend to make the test prove that a speed limit is a waste of time, while others, like above, seem to be saying that the police are cracking down.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gotime34
What happened to "Live Free or Die"?
Actually I think it now says...

"Tax Fee and Die"

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
... You will never, ever, apease these people....
Bingo.

Their life and outlook are so miserable they try to spread the misery to us all somewhat happy and balanced individuals. Nothing on earth would make them happy save from kissing Karl Marx...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered

Waste Of Tax Payers Money!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I have been obeying the designated speed limit areas and using common sense. I don't want to give them any reason to implimate the speed limit.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
Any thoughts????
Come boating on Lake Champlain.

They bark a little at the noise but don't bite and I have never been hassled about speed as long as I am 200' from shore. (A wise way to boat anyway)

Mind you my slow Cigarette only goes in the mid nineties..

Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
I have been obeying the designated speed limit areas.
But if it's obeyed, won't they try to say that shows that it works? Isn't it better to just avoid the areas than to go through them slowly and drive up the percentage of boats that are slowing down? My understanding from some of the other sites is that the boat cops are counting on nothing changing, so they will then be able to say the speed limits were useless and they will avoid having to worry about enforcing another law next year. That says we want to put the test to the test (so to speak). But actually, I just want to follow whatever we all decide to do to be sure we are all doing the same thing. If some guys are speeding up and some are slowing down, we'll be cancelling each other out.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

We need to organize - and get the fisherman in on it too. It seems like it is only a matter of time before all lakes start doing this.

Quick Reply: 2007 Boat speed limits coming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.