GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Sell yourself!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Tell them you drive a fast boat and are on OSO all day and have lots of great contacts. Tell them you can post whore like no other and that you have thousands of posts. Tell them the correct way to fly off a wave and the X dimension needed for speed. Then you will be in. Or you can kiss ass real hard. That is the way to get to the top.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

Yeah, I have to agree with eveyone...make certain someone with spell check did your resume. And if they make you fill out a standard job application while you wait for your actual interview...carefully spell everything!
Other than that it all comes down to PRESENTATIONPRESENTATIONPRESENTATION!!!
I'm not certain what type of job you're going after but if it's white collar make certain your suit is pressed, your tie is right on, your hair doesn't need a trimming (nuff said on that subject ), nails are cut, beard (if you have one) is trimmed, etc...You could be the most qualified person for the job but if your appearance is "off" that might queer the deal.
Project self confidence and look the interviewer IN THE EYE when you two are talking. Eye contact...very important.

Good luck amigo!
Old 01-09-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Make sure they have internet access!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:10 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ex is in Human Resources and this is what she has told me. If you are shaking a guys hand make it a firm handshake be very diliberate about it. Walk right up to him and shake his hand. If it is a girl don't crush her hand, but do the same thing. Dress to the position!! If you are going there to be a fiberglass guy then do not wear a suit!!
What ever you do when they ask you what your best quality is DO NOT SAY I WORK WELL WITH OTHERS or any variation of that. If you do, watch you file go right in the trash. When I was interviewing guys, I wanted to know that they were willing to work and learn, I prefered that they did not know anything that way I did not have to unlearn stuff. So do not be afraid to say I DO NOT KNOW!!

Good luck man and if you do not get the first one it is not a failure, it is a learning experience. When you are done write down what you thought you did well and what you think you screwed up and think about how to do it better the next time.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Audiofn ]
Old 01-09-2002, 04:27 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

col thanks for the advice! It a position as a graphic designed, web developer and webmaster. Hopefully i cna make some loot and get that new boat i've been wanting
Old 01-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

good luck, be yourself!
make sure you have matching socks

Mattyboy
Old 01-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by puder:
<STRONG>col thanks for the advice! It a position as a graphic designed, web developer and webmaster. </STRONG>
In that case, don't mention anything about this site. Might not look good if they decide to check up on ya.

Good hand shake, eye contact, dress appropiate, use hand jestures, but not so you look like you are deaf. Don't just answer questions, but ask questions. Think of positive things about yourself and what you could offer the company in advance. NEVER say anything negative about previous employeers or people under any circumstance. These are all suggestions from a friend of mine that was the head of personnel for Caterpillar.
Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2002, 06:28 PM
NICKSLICK

I have a formula for 1000% guaranteed job hiring success.

Bring with you a .454 Magnum. When the interviewer asked your the first question, whip itout, and stick it in his mouth.

And say, "Do I have the job or not?"

And there you have it!!!

Quick Reply: job interview???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.