Notices

Help me decide which boat to buy...

Old 01-09-2002, 09:22 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Dear Mr. Baja Boss,

I think you should buy a Fountain, trade it in for a Formula, then trade it in for a Baja, then wait for a Cruiser, OR, buy all four and put one on the West Coast, one on the East Coast, one in Florida, and the Cruiser on Lake Norman. Problem solved .... NEXT...

Just kidding (I could not resist)! I wish you guys the best of luck in boat hunting. Whoever get's theirs first will be the one that we take on the first poker run!

I believe its time for dinner again. Give us a call when you guys get a chance.

Vagrant and Misses

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 01-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
BajaBoss, The Baja and Formula are nice boats, but if there is ANYTHING you do before you make your final decision, seriously, I would test drive an Active Thunder if I were you. Check out their website...they have a link within this website/forum that will get you there. Best Wishes
Old 01-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Luxy60

I'd expect the $ difference to be much greater than $20K if the boats are equally equipped. Formula's carry a price premium. Whether they're worth it is debatable and a personal decision. No doubt Formula's are a solidly constructed boat with excellent fit/ finish and great attention to detail. Personally, I do not like the styling or graphics options all that much. I do like the fact that there's no wood used in the layup or anywhere else on the boat. That's the single biggest thing I don't like about Baja's is they use a lot wood which doesn't hold up over time. If the difference is only $20k and you like the look and style of the Formula than I'd probably go Formula. See if you can leverage a better price for the Baja you probably will do better if they think they will lose the sale. Even better, price out a new 35' Pantera. Classic style, superior construction, and you won't be passing yourself every 5 minutes when you cruise the lake!

Old 01-09-2002, 09:40 PM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you looked into the Baja custom shop. I don't know what they do differently, but I would check it out before making a decision.

Kirk
Old 01-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Registered

Let's see---which boat has...

-imron paint
-ultraleather interior
-less wood in the construction
-the"grid" for a strong backbone
-higher resale value
-stepped hull

F.O.R.M.U.L.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want your own graphics, buy the Formula all white and have custom graphics!
You could have a one-of-a-kind!

My 1994 303 still looks like new!

Just my .02
Old 01-09-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Let's see---which boat has...

-imron paint
-ultraleather interior
-less wood in the construction
-the"grid" for a strong backbone
-higher resale value
-stepped hull

F.O.R.M.U.L.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want your own graphics, buy the Formula all white and have custom graphics!
You could have a one-of-a-kind!

My 1994 303 still looks like new!

Just my .02
Old 01-09-2002, 09:52 PM
ThunderousDaze

Baja Boss - hello there! i invite you to visit our factory and ride in our boat, the Active Thunder. If you have riden the formula and Baja i believe you will experience a noticable difference in both ride and handling, not to mention the increased performance advantages. When it is all said and done, the price difference is minimal (especially in terms of monthly payments) and resale is outstanding. Do yourself a favor and spend an extra few hundred bucks to see why our boat is "EXactly Like Nothing Else"!
Just a thought!
VISIT OUR SITE

Old 01-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You got tool man so excited he is stuttering !
Old 01-09-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Bajaboss,
I think you should check out AT before you make a decesion. I hear ya about your concerns but I gotta say that the proximity of a dealer for your warenttee work should be a consideration, I am assuming that is why you want a dealer close to you, but with a quality boat the potential of a hull warentee are very slim. the majority of issues are with Mercruiser and there are tons of mercruiser authorized dealers.

But if you are still looking between the two I say go with the Formula.
Good luck
Old 01-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hey ThunderousDaze, I like that saying :"EXactly Like Nothing Else"!

Quick Reply: Help me decide which boat to buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.