Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help me decide which boat to buy... >

Help me decide which boat to buy...

Notices

Help me decide which boat to buy...

Old 01-10-2002, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bajaboss

Just come to Miami Boat Show and Look at all of them. Between the two, I still say Formula. However You should at least look at Sonic,Active thunder, and others....

WILL
Old 01-10-2002, 09:27 AM
Registered

Styling does count for a lot and the Baja wins hand-down. If you want a windshield, buy a Sea Ray Sundancer.

At any rate - look at an AT 37. I wanted an AT prior to buying the boat I have but Mrs Outlaw thought they were a bit too hard core.

Lots of people talking about construction. For that kind of money, I would certainly visit both factories and judge for yourself. I went to visit Baja's factory prior to purchase and I was only buying a 29.
Old 01-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Hey Baja Boss man,

I did a poker run two years ago with a friend of mine who has the 35 Formula. We were coming back from our last card and we were moving, when I look back heres a 35 Formula up my behind. I said holy sh@t! Boat ran real well in rough water and i was impressed!! Anyway, go FORMULA!!

PS get the extensions boxes, it'll give you 3 MPH!!

Good Luck

zzie
Old 01-10-2002, 04:51 PM
flylevel

I would have to say Formula!! My brother in law has a 33ft and the detail for finishing WOW!! Baja is a good boat but not a Formula. Also for a performance boat look at the F2 series, Formula is right there year after year. Also look at resale and how many baja sells and what is the resale compared to the Formula. I would look at Active Thunder and Powerplay also. Good luck on your decision!

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: flylevel ]

Old 01-10-2002, 04:54 PM
flylevel

PS If you buy the Formula are you still the Baja Boss??

Old 01-10-2002, 04:54 PM
flylevel

PS If you buy the Formula are you still the Baja Boss??

Old 01-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

The price gap is only 20K on the same size and power Baja vs. Formula? must have done some haggleing. Baja has more room for a family inside and out. If your not taking the boat in the rough and need it for th family I would say get the Baja and spend your 20K on football bets and Hookers for your friends. If you are using the boat to run in the big stuff, Buy the Formula. The hold together very well and even on big days the componants are in the same place at the end of the day as they where when you left the dock. Either boat should be a blast. And they both have great financing plans right now. Good luck with your new boat!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joeyo is right about the windshield on the Formula. This brand new Formula with 500efi’s and cool chargers had the windshield shatter and cut everyone pretty bad. Take a look at Active Thunder Todd’s home page for pictures of the waves that day. It was exciting! If you are going to be running hard you may want to buy a fairing for the Formula. I take it your finding these deals on boats that are already built and not special ordering? We don’t sleep on our boat much so the Fountain cabin was fine for us. My wife agrees that Fountains don’t have very good footrests for the passenger. Those drop down footrests are a big plus.
Dan
Old 01-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would take the Baja,both are nice,but i would try to beat them down a little more on price,i have a Baja and like it very much,until i rode in a friends active thunder32 .well it is like the ford versus chevy thing,pretty much every one builds a good boat now day's ,just some are a little better,i know active thunder falls in that dept. just my 2 cents
Old 01-10-2002, 10:19 PM
ScreaminDemon

If you REALLY check it out, i am sure you'll find out that BAJA has had more hull failures than Formula...BAJA is all lipstick and literally "slaps" their boats together...looks good, but so does a DUMB blonde! 2500 units a year, how else can they be built?

Quick Reply: Help me decide which boat to buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.