Notices

Movinnnnnnnnn -----

Old 05-14-2007, 02:29 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe nice #'s but are you doing all this prop testing just to get Clark all worked up with his A/T ? Tell him Jass found a set of props in he's basement that he had on Radioactive and he said these would be awesome on Stealin Thunder.He pick up 5 mph with them.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Joe nice #'s but are you doing all this prop testing just to get Clark all worked up with his A/T ? Tell him Jass found a set of props in he's basement that he had on Radioactive and he said these would be awesome on Stealin Thunder.He pick up 5 mph with them.
Make sure you tell Jeff to get his money up-front.

Clark and I agreed that if he "tried" the props and dinged them, he then owned them --- to which Clark replied "I'll pay to get them repaired if anything happend". I quickly told him that I am not looking to have a set of "referb'd props"... and that if he wanted to try them, he was more than welcome, but if he wrecked them, they were his and he was writing me a check for what I have in them (invoice available).

Well, needless to say, when I met him back at the boat ramp to help him load it up, every single blade was trashed. I felt bad for him, so I told him I would essentially knock off 1000 bucks to try to help him out, knowing he was going to have to pay big bucks to get them fixed.

Clark kept on me about lowering the price even more.... which I couldn't believe he was doing. I told him I didn't have much negotiation ability as my $3800 props were now toast. So, I suggested for Clark to pay me what "he thought" was fair (never mind we he had already given his word ahead of time).

So, bottom line --- Clark thought 2k was fair.... Lesson learned on my end! Not a big deal... We are still friends.

Joe
Old 05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Joe, it's lookin' good!

You gonna break a hundy in Florida water, some chop and lightened up a bit??
Old 05-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tit's man!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Joe, it's lookin' good!

You gonna break a hundy in Florida water, some chop and lightened up a bit??
It better not hit 100 MPH or my insurance nearly doubles (seriously). But, 99.9 MPH would be acceptable ---- LOL

Joe
Old 05-14-2007, 03:11 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet boat. How long are those XR's going to last?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I've run appx. 25 hrs. on 5 blade Merc. Maximus. The first outing was 12-31-06, running out of Govt. Cut up to Port Everglades in appx. 6-7'ers, with an occasional large swell. We got the crap beat out of us and were pretty wet, as we had a 21 knot Easterly wind blowing. The only reason I went was my ignorant buddy ducked out and didn't turn around, so I went to make sure he was ok. Once we hit the inlet (Govt. Cut) there was no turning around.... Solid 10' rollers. Needless to say.... My wife and my friend's wife were not very happy about that!!! The second outing was the Miami to Islamorada run... Pretty flat there and 3's on the way back. I don't think we ran slower than 85 MPH the entire way. Last run was Sarasota. We were in BIGGGGGG nasty water, running appx. 60 miles from there to Boca Grande. We hit one wave so hard it lifted me up and out of the boat. I literally had to pull myself back in w/ my left arm that was holding on to the steering wheel. I do believe in changing the drive fluid either every oil change (20 hrs) or after each rough run --- which ever comes first.

If I run in that ruff of water, I will most certainly run the 5 blades (until we build a "big water" set of Throttle-Up props). But, for your everyday 2-4'er day, the 6 blades hook up and keep the boat's attitude solid and in the water.

The thinking is ying/yang etc... some people think - more blades, more problems... but, one can argue that the properly balanced 6 blade will be easier on the drive (less vibration etc...) than the properly balanced 5 blade (which will naturally vibrate more), and even easier than the properly balanced 4 blade (even more vibration) etc...

I don't like the Max. props on my boat, as they leave the nose feeling very loose (it walks a bit and you really have to pay attention and "drive" the boat) and it's a bit wild in 45-50 MPH turns (feels like it could roll at any moment), needing to tab it quite a bit in sharp corners. These Throttle-Up props have changed the entire attitude of the boat --- and it's HOOKED UP!

Joe
Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Why would they not last?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe

The thinking is ying/yang etc... some people think - more blades, more problems... but, one can argue that the properly balanced 6 blade will be easier on the drive (less vibration etc...) than the properly balanced 5 blade (which will naturally vibrate more), and even easier than the properly balanced 4 blade (even more vibration) etc...

Joe

Exactly...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Your arse looks a lot like mine
I think yours is wider..... from all those drinks at The Boathouse in Sarasota! You frekin' drunkards!

Oh, you mean the boats..... Same answer.... It looks like Cash got a hold of the transom of your boat and spread the drives a bit!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.