Notices

Moving to Jacksonville!!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moving to Jacksonville!!

We are opening a new Branch of our company in Jacksonville and I am going down to run it. So my fiance and I are heading south for a place where the boating season is longer than four months. I'm looking for some advice on where to live. I might be heading down to look in a week or two, but don't even know where to start.

The business is going to be right where 295 and RT10 meet on the west side of the city. I drive about a half hour to work now, so anything equal to or shorter than that would be fine, but I hear the traffic can be pretty bad in some spots. If it helps on where to live we are in our mid 20's, no kids and don't plan on it anytime soon, like boating obviously, and want to be in a nice area. I also like golf, I saw some nice gold communites online. I don't want to be in the sticks and we want to be somewhat close to shopping, etc. My fiance is a teacher and is looking.

I saw some nice communities around Orange Park and flemming island, how is that area? Is the traffic bad there? Some business associates suggested the North eastern side of the city, Heksire road near the beach? Are there any places that I definately do not want to be? How are the enclosed communities, such as Eagle Harbor? Any advice would be great. We will be bringing the boat down, 36' Warlock Cat, twin JC Performance 800's with #4's. The boat was originally in Daytona, so it will be nice to bring it back to Florida. I hear the boating is excellent in Jacksonville and can't wait.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the move! It is truely just another terrible day in Paradise down here! I am sure someone from the area will chime in with some ideas for you.

Julie
Old 05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that familiar with Jacksonville and living there but the boating is great.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts

The I 295 and 10 area isnt the greatest area, certain parts of OP arent that good, the affects of traffic all depends where you live, Blanding blvd and 295 have heavy traffic due to NAS JAX many military live in that area. I was there from 97 to 2003, and If I was still there, I would live southside or down towards St augustine. there is quick access to the beaches ,Malls, and entertainment from that side of town, and the traffic in the morning isnt that bad, or the offset to me wasnt that bad because i had quick access to everything including boating from that side of town. also just down the road is the world golf village!! many good courses in the area!

eagle harbour is very nice, close to Doctor's lake which leads to the St john's river, from there you can go in either direction, and have fun on the water. hooter's at goodby's creek,
the jacksonville Landing, never cared for the north side too much.

Last edited by Pete B; 05-15-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

When I first read the title, Flemming Island is exactly what I was thinking. Tons of great boating in Jax. I'm about 1.5 hours south. I'll be in Jax all weekend for a class. Did you go to Whitey's Fishcamp while you were there? Quite a few Oso members live there. I'll be up there doing a new Home Depot job in July.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oakleaf plantation is real nice and would be very close to 295 and I 10
Old 05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts

and this as well

http://www.aprcusa.com/
Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

I have a relative just across the bridge from the "downtown" city, looks beautiful and great boating . I think it is some island area. Flemming I think. Good Luck to you.

Last edited by EastGateCustoms; 05-15-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Hey gotime34~

I live in the intracoastal area about 5 minutes past Southside and 4 miles from all the beaches. Closer to where I am is Queen's Harbour...that's VERY nice since some of the homes are right on the water and near the intracoastal...I know they're asking big $$ for those homes (high $800s for smallest home up to few mil for the larger ones).

I agree with Pete B about the Orange Park area! I lived down the street from Oakleaf Plantation near Argyle Forest and there is no way I would move back there...it's too congested and it's STILL growing out there! The Fleming Island/Eagle Harbour area is real nice, though. But, be prepared to put some miles on the car if you're going to head to the beaches, downtown and to the St. Johns Towne Centre (that's 2 miles from my place).

If ya need any other info, just give me a holla...I have a couple of friends that are realtors and they can get ya some info if you want!

Also, we're already planning for a big time with the Jax Poker Run so hope you'll be down here for that!

Good luck!
Cat
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bring lots of sun block for that head of yours

Quick Reply: Moving to Jacksonville!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.