Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CUSTOM FIBERGLASS VENTS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15836-custom-fiberglass-vents.html)

SpeedDoc 01-09-2002 08:29 PM

CUSTOM FIBERGLASS VENTS

Still here, just been lurking for a while!!!
I've gone back to what I do best, tooling & design. Very little boat repair work here lately and VERY boring so I've been doing some designs to update old style vents. The first styles will insert directly into existing vent cutouts, second styles will also fit the same cutout lengthwise and require very little cutting to accept the "teardrop" shape and the third design... well , you'll see it soon as I get a page up with photo's. Any suggestions as to what you would like to see ???? Gordo, give me a call and I'll send you a few samples. Cig , come by the shop and check these out and we can discuss your new hatch design!! By the way, you can still get AQUATECH SPEEDCOAT but the end of the year forced me to fold.
Steve :) :) :)

PS CIG, Need HELP with new page!!!

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: SpeedDoc ]

SpeedDoc 01-09-2002 09:34 PM

MrOffshore,
E-mail me your #'s and I'll call you when photos are up . I can recieve e-mail but have a problem sending cause one of the kids crashed the system last month!!!
Thanks,
Steve
:)

Audiofn 01-09-2002 09:40 PM

Speed doc how about Naca Ducts???

Jon

SpeedDoc 01-09-2002 09:57 PM

Audiofn
5 sizes avalible, lg-med-sm plain and lg-sm with rakes(ribs). Photos will be posted soon!!
Steve :)

SpeedDoc 01-09-2002 10:00 PM

Audiofn,
Almost forgot, these vents are dual purpose, can be surface mounted or grind flange and bond for flush mount!!
Steve :)

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: SpeedDoc ]

SpeedDoc 01-11-2002 07:22 PM

First 4 designs are in production now. They are lg/sm plain pickup NACA style and lg/sm NACA style with rakes(ribs)(What the h#$% is NACA anyway?)Page is now being developed(Thanks to CIG) and address will be posted as soon as I can get pic's!!!! Still looking for other ideas that ya'll would like to see!!!
Thanks,
Steve ;)

Ted G 01-11-2002 09:12 PM

NACA= National Advisory Commitee on Aeronautics

It was the predecessor to NASA

That type of duct was developed for use on planes for air intake with little disruption of airflow across the surface-very advantageous over 700 MPH :D Might come in handy on my new turbine powered paddle board ;) :cool: :D

R Addiction 01-12-2002 12:51 AM

Hurry with the pictures. Sounds like what I need. Only have 4 months to get my stuff done. You say that they will fit in where my stock vents are? SWEET! :cool:

fastedy 01-12-2002 01:03 PM

Hey Steve,
Great Idea, theirs a need for better vents than whats been out there, I need to get some
more stickers for next season.

Eddie Simmons
Superboatusa.com

dyno 01-12-2002 01:36 PM

let us know as soon as the page is ready! sounds like just what I'm looking for....