Notices

LS2 marine engine

Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 marine engine

Hello,

I am in the market for an airboat engine. I want a marininzed LS2 6.0L with fuel injection, but I can't find one or a company to build one.

I have two options: I could buy a complete drop-in (best option), or I could just buy the computer and wiring harness with a set of headers (have access to corvette crate motor).

I found a thread that said RayLar has a LS2 6.0L. Is this true? How much? How can I buy one?

Can i get headers? Does the LS2 have the same mounting as a GM350?

Also, I will give airboat rides here in Alaska to those willing to help with a LS2. I am not wealth, but I would like this setup. I think the weight and horsepower will help my boat perform well. I had a 300hp GM 350 before. I need this motor set up ASAP or I will have to wait until winter, because our boating season is under way.

Thanks for any help or direction

calndux
Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default LS2 GM Engine

[QUOTE=calndux;2130597]Hello,

I am in the market for an airboat engine. I want a marininzed LS2 6.0L with fuel injection, but I can't find one or a company to build one.

I have two options: I could buy a complete drop-in (best option), or I could just buy the computer and wiring harness with a set of headers (have access to corvette crate motor).

I found a thread that said RayLar has a LS2 6.0L. Is this true? How much? How can I buy one?

Can i get headers? Does the LS2 have the same mounting as a GM350? calndux...welcome to OSO! An LS2 motor/harness/computer are all pretty easily accessable, if you know where to look. Contact your local auto wrecking yard, they will have pullouts from late model GM trucks, vans, SSR's, Vettes and other vehicles that they came in. They are available new & used on E-bay. Street & Performance sells them both new & used, along with harness's, computers, headers, etc. They are available new from GM Performance Products. There are many companies now that offer reflashing of the computers & stand-alone harness's at reasonable cost, such as Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me Performance, John Spear at SpearTech, etc... Standard Chevy motor mounts will work with simple flat aluminum adapter plates that you first bolt to the engine block & are also available on E-Bay & the sources above, or you can easily fabricate your own. All of this is available through computer search. Good luck with project.

Last edited by Ed; 05-23-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw a carb version of the LS family of engines at my local Chevrolet dealer, had a front mounted distributor and made 440 HP. That should move an airboat with some authority.

Larry

62 Bel-Air 409

260 Eagle XP HP500EFI

2002 Corvette M6 Coupe