KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB >

KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB

Notices

KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB

Old 01-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know ... I was planning to even though the boat needs to be serviced ... but, what the heck
Old 01-10-2002, 10:45 PM
a711

Boatless:

I was in the 1st boat with Rod, the Arneson Diven boat, and yes, it was a very good boat. I was never too much of an Arneson Fan until I got a chance to run one, and its very. very wierd at first, but I got used to it and got used to playing with the Drives for the perfect setup. That boat (with 4 big fins/skegs in the water) turned like you can't imagine, it would literally try to throw you out of the canopy, that is how hard it would turn, and it never even got clost to going over, very comfortable and you I always felt in control. I ran 136MPH on GPS in brackish water with that boat like it was on rails in the Delta in Stockton, Rod had it really dialed in nicely.

Rod raced with another person last year and that is when the 1st accident happened. Then Jerry took over throttling the new boat (former Merc-Fountain) and then the 2nd accident in Key West.

Rod told me he liked the 1st (Arneson) boat a lot better, he said the 2nd boat, (#6 merc's) never felt hooked up and felt all over the place at speed....he told me he thought he would sell the replacement boat after he got the original boat back from Skater...

Keep in mind that Rod is very, very close with Howard Arneson and we used to spend hours on the phone with Howard after every test telling him what we did and what the boat did so his setup is probably one of the best and most tested Arneson steup's in the country.

GR

Old 01-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Colby Klien is his name, with an l.
Andy Trauth owned and throttled the Udderly Fantastic, MOO , boat which he sold after he rolled it in West Palm Beach , and then raced it one more time. His family owns a dairy processing plant in Ky, He doesn't own a cow.
The Honker Cut Marine boat with the Arnesons was driven and throttled by Rod Karnoffel,himself. Rod is a super nice guy. He had a ride along navigator/ tecnichian.
I don't spell well and can't afford to pay someone to do it for me.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:31 PM
a711

Ryan....

Nice to see you contunuing the trend of making posts that add no substance to an existing thread or repeating things prople already have stated so you feel a part of the group...

Rod and I only raced in the Honker Cut Super Cat about 10 times, but it's clear from your post that you seem to think you know a lot more about what happened in the cockpit than I do so I won't waste my time pointing our whre you are wrong and what your are wrong about becuase it is becoming painfully clear that such a task would be a full time job, except to say that Drive and Tab adjustments are what makes an Arneson Driven boat work or not work, the Throttle is pegged all the time, and those adjustments were made by ME EXCLUSIVELY in that boat, but I guess yuo just forgot to mention that, or more likely, you had NO IDEA what you were talking about.

By the way, since you know Rod so well what is his Son's name ?, his Dog's name ?.

P.S. where in any post did I say that Andy Trauth owned a cow ?.. oh, I forgot, you just make it up as you go along to feel important....

Perhaps your time would be better spent tightening your spokes.

GR

Old 01-10-2002, 11:34 PM
mjuwalters

GR Is that skater with Arnesons approved
for supercat class? Are you allowed to run on the national circit? I was wondering the same thing about the superV with the Wiseman drives. It seems alot of good older boats are left on the beach.

Old 01-10-2002, 11:37 PM
a711

The Arneson driven boat was allowed in under the Grandfather clause (as was the 36' hull), I don't know if it would be approved today. The Wiesmann (sp?) drives are not allowed on Super Cat, but are allowed in Super V.

GR

Old 01-11-2002, 12:07 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys and girls, what were we talking about?
mike J, I posted this because I thought that there might be some people interested in helping out. They have a helicopter following them and a refueling boat but thats about it. Scot and I rebuilt the drives, Scot (not a typo) did the time and I did the teaching and parts for a big fat sticker. Imagine that no money changed hands. I just though they were doing something cool and I did what I could. I wish I had my dry-sump conversions on this boat because they would add another 20mph to the record. rique fords went 147mph with teague motors. These are banned too.

back to the suject. I hope that we can get some people out there to make sure they are safe. I did not get the details yet.
pat W
Old 01-11-2002, 12:15 AM
a711

Pat:

I wish we could stay on the subject as well,(if you read the entire thread, I was very much on the subject, just answering peoples questions and adding clarity) but I fell compelled to reply to this idiot's attacks on me (which seem to have become his career)just like you do when someone attacks your drives....

So much misinformation for the sake of feeling important....

Sorry the rest of you have to waste your time reading this crap.

GR

Old 01-11-2002, 12:18 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We tried to get the 40 ft Ragamuffin back and put our drives back on it and race it. The apba said we could not change it back or even take the drives and put them on another boat.

I thoght the Moo boat was INCONTEMPT before that with patel and jt.
pat W
Old 01-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey Pat
It is a very cool idea for Colby and Scot to do . Having met him and his crew and having gone to his shop, I don't think there is anyone more dedicated to Saftey than Klein Racing. His roll bar and canopy system are awesome. I know Rique almost ran a similar run a few years ago with there big inflatable, but I guess they never got the weather or time window to do it? It's really cool to see record attempts made in offshore boats and not super special build boats. Paul Whittier has a new 32 Skater built for long range runs too. I think one of his first runs is going to be Tampa-Miami which Nemschoff currently holds. It was pretty awesome when he set the records a few years ago in a twin O/B 28 Skater. Best of luck in Colby's endeavour.

Quick Reply: KIDSTUF to break endurance record SF to LB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.