Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help me out guys (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158516-help-me-out-guys.html)

dreamboater 05-17-2007 02:28 PM

Help me out guys

I have my truck listed for sale on ebay and craigslist. This email seems very shady to me. I know few people have been scammed on ebay and other things. My only thing is if he is sending me a cashier's check I should be good to go right? Tell me what you think.

Hello
Thanks for the mail,i will like to have a copy of the engine full captured.However, the price is okay by me and i am ready to purchase from you immediately, I anticipate that the cashier check will be sent via express mail or ups . and as for the moving my mover will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i don't want you to look for any other buyer.i would have love to come down for the pickup.But am not chanced to do that now but am satisfy with your description of the item .Also am sorry for any inconveniences. I want you to know that you will be receiving a payment of $17,546 you will deduct your $15900 and the remaining money will forward to my shipper which meant for the shipment of other items from other sellers.I will like to read from you concerning this moving arrangement before processing and sending the payment out to you.Your full information is needed where the payment will be send to.

Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:
Phone number:

fabricator 05-17-2007 02:33 PM

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP!!!!! This is BOGUS!!!!!!!!!!!

This is worded EXACTLY like one I got not long ago!

rainmn 05-17-2007 02:33 PM

Scaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm

SKRAMER 05-17-2007 02:33 PM

Looks like a scam!!! Just my .02 Tell him to call you!!!

dreamboater 05-17-2007 02:38 PM

Yeah thats what I thought. I told him to call me already and he has not done so. I just talked to some guys at work and they said this scam has been all over the news lately. This is really terrible. People actually make a living like this!!

tim mccray 05-17-2007 03:04 PM

That doesn't pass the smell test... Same thing happened to me last year. I was selling a boat and received an email just like that. The guy said that his client was supposed to buy a boat for an amount just a little more than mine but it didn't work out and already had a cashiers check ready. He said to cash the check and send the rest of the money to his shipper for costs. I said "Number one, you can't cash a cashiers check in someone else's name, and number two, when you go back to the bank, why don't you change the amount to the right one while you're at it? And number three, the boat stays here until the check clears" That was the end of that. Unfortunately this has been going on for quite some time. They tried a few years ago with another friend of mine when he was selling his boat.

TexomaPowerboater 05-17-2007 05:09 PM

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

Had a guy try this twice with my boat. Pretty simple concept. They send you cashiers check, the check clears momentarily, you send funds to the mover, the bank process catches up and withdraws the original cashier check because its a fake (shoud take around two weeks). Leaving you out for the cost to mover.

If you think he is legite just tell him you will not deal with any third parties (movers). You will never hear from him again.

berns29scarab 05-17-2007 05:23 PM

FRAUUUUUUD!!! im in the car biz and get these same emails everyday and not 1 has panned out. the check he is going to give you is counterfeit, then you'll pay the carrier and be beat for EVERYTHING>>>PASS

US1 Fountain 05-17-2007 09:04 PM

Me thinks you knew it was a scam before asking.

Outdrive1 05-18-2007 12:39 AM

Either get cash, or meet the buyer at a bank and have the bank issue you a cashiers check in person.

(only SBRT people still fall for this scam)