Notices

Living at Lake Havasu

Old 05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Living at Lake Havasu

Have really been feeling a need for a change in scenery. Looking into a position as Medical Director of the ED in Lake Havasu City. No details yet, but wanted to get pros and cons of living there full time.

Would eventually need someplace with generous storage for 38 Formula, 30 ft RV, duallie and a couple vettes currently stored in 30 X 70 building.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Never been there.... But, the desert has never looked like an appealing place to leave IMO. I would move to North Carolina/South Carolina/Tennesee area. The boating and scenery there is second to none and the people are really nice.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would post over at www.hotboat.com - Lots of Havasu regulars are over there
Old 05-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Slipped my boat there on summer, you better like the HEAT
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

No problem on storage, lots of homes with RV/boat garages. Lots of additional storage too. Fun place but has some strange politics, small town stuff. Also a lot of snow birds vs boater battles.

Very different from Ohio. Hot, hot, hot in summer and dry. Not a lot of trees or greenery. Great poker run though!

2 hour drive to Vegas!

Last edited by BajaFresh; 05-17-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

dude, you can go anywhere...life is short U know that.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was thinking about buying a place there last year and spent a week there at the Nautical Inn. I have a place in CO. and wanted to be a days drive between the boats and skiing but didn't like it. It reminded me of Nags Head,N.C. except in the desert. The lake is beautiful but you can't build a house and put a pier in(which i have here) so that means boat ramp every weekend Crowded boat ramps and to many RVs for me and like Bajafresh said it seems real small town with lots of politics. But if you like heat its awesome. We were there in April and it was in the 90s every day and 75 every night Spend some time there and decide if its for you.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered

it is a mis-managed city with no foresight period. Between the ineptitude of the BLM to remedy matters pertaining to the one marina and there failure to build additional marinas to support the boating numbers and the weak city council passing measures on all other points that do not matter and worried more about people showing skin than keeping the life blood tourism dollar spending patrons accomodated.
Case in point is thompson bay and the fact they could easily put a 1000 slip marina complex there with plenty of navagable room to spare but it will never happen. Nobody wants to launch and retrieve 3 times in a weekend, it's BS.
As for living there, i would advise Vegas, you can pick up homes dirt cheap now as foreclosures are on the rise there bigtime, L.A, and Havasu are both close then as well as CO.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
it is a mis-managed city with no foresight period. Between the ineptitude of the BLM to remedy matters pertaining to the one marina and there failure to build additional marinas to support the boating numbers and the weak city council passing measures on all other points that do not matter and worried more about people showing skin than keeping the life blood tourism dollar spending patrons accomodated.
Case in point is thompson bay and the fact they could easily put a 1000 slip marina complex there with plenty of navagable room to spare but it will never happen. Nobody wants to launch and retrieve 3 times in a weekend, it's BS.
As for living there, i would advise Vegas, you can pick up homes dirt cheap now as foreclosures are on the rise there bigtime, L.A, and Havasu are both close then as well as CO.

The political thing is a big concern. As medical director of the ED, I would be dealing with this on a daily basis. Can't say I am innately politically saavy, just been around a lot and have seen many things done differently and know what works and what doesn't, at least in the medical field.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

I'd ck out LOTO...

Fresh water, home with docks and toys.

Quick Reply: Living at Lake Havasu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.