Earthrace - Still in it - if they finish in San Deigo >

Earthrace - Still in it - if they finish in San Deigo

Notices

Earthrace - Still in it - if they finish in San Deigo

Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
I never did quite understand this project. Is it one man's goal?
Then let him finish it, as best he can.

Is it designed to save us from "global warming"...?Then let it sink.

Is it a marketing tool for various vendors of fuel and diesel power? Then let them fund it.

Is it one of the most cockeyed, fatally tragic, badly planned, mixes of sailboat and power boat technology extant?
Then leave us alone.

T2x
Lighten up, ya old fart. Loosen up your Depends, I think they are making you chafe.

Lots of record breaking endeavours have depended on donations.

Remember back when you were in your mid 20's, and Lindbergh crossed the Atlantic? Didn't seem like much of a point to that other than to prove it could be done. His plane, "Spirit of St. Louis" was named in honor of Lindbergh's supporters in St. Louis, Missouri, who paid for the aircraft.

The merits of Biodeisel are undeniable if it can be made commercially viable -- less dependence on foreign oil and creating a market for used cooking oil (currently a useless byproduct) in themselves justify at least some examination into the concept. I'm kind of rooting for them.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
"It's a members only place, and my crew all stick out like dogs balls"
was stecz one of the crew?
He said "stick out like dogs balls" not "stick out licking dogs balls".
Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

youtube has some good video clips on the Earthrace boat. Here is a good one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7toURAw5CXY
Old 05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

i'm runnine a bio mix in my desel and love it. can't wait to run 100% made at home .. as for t2x quit breathing your 2 stroke gas fumes. it's clouding you mined . what little you have left .
Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
i'm runnine a bio mix in my desel and love it. can't wait to run 100% made at home .. as for t2x quit breathing your 2 stroke gas fumes. it's clouding you mined . what little you have left .
As a major user of diesel fuel and a firm believer in the technology, I have strong doubts that we can make enough biodiesel to fuel 5% of the trucks on the highway, much less our boats. On the other hand, if such prodigious amounts can be made than major bucks are going to come to the producers and they , not we, should fund this cockeyed pilgrimage.

I understand that sponsors have carried a lot of record attempts and I certainly respect that, but, in this case, no viable sponsor felt compelled to get involved, for whatever reasons. Perhaps it didn't have enough commercial merit, perhaps it didn't appear to have enough seed money, or perhaps the effort seemed doomed from the git go. In any case, it doesn't float my boat (pun intended).

This thing has killed at least one person, limped along like a wounded duck, and, like many other cockeyed ideas, seemingly captivated the collective OSO consciousness.

If you like it, send it money. Be my guest, but there are real causes and charities, MS, Cancer Research, CP, Shore Dreams,etc, etc, that are far more deserving IMHO.

T2x

P.S. God only knows what that cockpit and bilge smells like about now....
think: Rancid cooking oil merged with an overused mens room.

Last edited by T2x; 05-21-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

What a fun sponge T2X is. Life must suck with so few challenges left to do in your life.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
What a fun sponge T2X is. Life must suck with so few challenges left to do in your life.
No, not really...... I enjoy all sorts of things like going fast in a boat, good food, music, golf, reading, and a bunch of other things. This belief that I am somehow negative because I poke holes in overrated balloons and incorrect assumptions is getting tiresome and a bit silly. Basically, you either join the cheerleading on this site or be labeled a party pooper. Prior to my posts, the discussion on Earth Race had no counterpoint, ignored the fatality (even blamed the innocent fishermen), and generally bought into the concept with nary a raised eyebrow.

IMHO this was an ill-executed project, that has nothing to do with performance boating and seems to exist solely to attract donations......... and pity.

T2x
Old 05-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

I didn't say things you enjoy; I said challenges left for you to do in your life. How sad that you must denigrate someone’s goal to do something out of the ordinary just to seemly put yourself on a pedestal. This website has all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. I think it is human nature to get behind and provide a little “rooting” to something that is challenge, or to themselves if they tried it. If you’re tired of people constantly pointing out that you are somehow negative on posts, what is the common denominator of those posts?

Was the project ill-executed? Possibly.
Does it have to do with performance boating? Does it have to?
Does it exist to solely attract donations? I doubt it.
What this done to get pity? LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I didn't say things you enjoy; I said challenges left for you to do in your life. How sad that you must denigrate someone’s goal to do something out of the ordinary just to seemly put yourself on a pedestal. This website has all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. I think it is human nature to get behind and provide a little “rooting” to something that is challenge, or to themselves if they tried it. If you’re tired of people constantly pointing out that you are somehow negative on posts, what is the common denominator of those posts?

Was the project ill-executed? Possibly.
Does it have to do with performance boating? Does it have to?
Does it exist to solely attract donations? I doubt it.
What this done to get pity? LOL

Point taken.......

But, I am no more putting myself on a pedestal than someone who undertakes to "educate" me on the value of Bio Diesel, nor someone who "denigrates" me for having a contrary opinion to the masses. I do take exception to modifying the term "ill-executed" with the word "possibly" after the death of a human being in this project. Of course that's just me being negative, I guess. Will I "root" for an underdog? Sure I will, until he puts a loaded gun in the hands of a baby.

Look, some of us accept that the world is 90% hype and baloney and swallow obediantly, and some of us (at least one) don't. On the other hand....I'm not from California and never did get that whole granola touchy feely point of view.

T2x
Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm going to have to go w/ T2x on this one , he wished me happy birthday and you didn't PHANTOM!

Quick Reply: Earthrace - Still in it - if they finish in San Deigo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.