Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire >

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Notices

Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Runnin' Hot was the spark that created Active Thunder's fire.

Diane and I flew into Kalamazoo for my birthday weekend with our friends Larry Hollenbeck and his beautiful girlfriend Karen.

There was a surprise party for me with about 30 people that I had never met. It was weird and wild.

The next day we went out running on the lake in Larry's 41 Sonic with some bad to the bone power. Other friends on the run were Bob Harris and his wife, who owned Runnin' Hot, a guy named Bruce with a 31 Sonic, which I had one of at the time and a few others.

We partied off some nuclear plant south of St. Joseph (only place with warm water) and at the end of the day, after much partying, headed back to South Haven. Larry and Bob were always doing the 'one up'. I was in Larry's Sonic co-pilot and camcorded Runnin' Hot at about 100 plus.

I don't think Bob knew Larry had installed Nitrous in the Sonic and just after Bob passed us Larry hit the switch......

The rest is history. I saw that boat running triple digits like it was on RAILS, sold my Sonic, bought a 32 with HP 450s and 15 years later here we are.

Man, that turned out to be one expensive birthday party!

I wonder if I can find that VHS and convert it to a movie for the net.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Would love to see that video!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a couple pictures from 1993 and 1994 Thunder Marine/ Pier 33 poker runs. It was an awesome boat ,pictures don't do it justice. I saw it at Thunder boat's shop in 1991 when my 24 thunder was built.
Attached Thumbnails Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire-scan0002.jpg   Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire-scan0001.jpg  
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Would love to see that video!

I will see if she can locate it. Any idea how to convert it? It's OOOOLLLLLLLDDDDD. VHS format. Do you just take it to like Ritz Camera?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
BIG Daddy Frank a few brings back some fun memories
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !1
What kind of 85 degree angle ramp is that? Holy crap!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Where is that 41 Sonic today? I remeber all these great boats, come play with us in St. Joe this summer, we should have WARHAWK, ALLEZ VITE, and SAVAGE on the water.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Runnin' Hot was the spark that created Active Thunder's fire.

Diane and I flew into Kalamazoo for my birthday weekend with our friends Larry Hollenbeck and his beautiful girlfriend Karen.

There was a surprise party for me with about 30 people that I had never met. It was weird and wild.

The next day we went out running on the lake in Larry's 41 Sonic with some bad to the bone power. Other friends on the run were Bob Harris and his wife, who owned Runnin' Hot, a guy named Bruce with a 31 Sonic, which I had one of at the time and a few others.

We partied off some nuclear plant south of St. Joseph (only place with warm water) and at the end of the day, after much partying, headed back to South Haven. Larry and Bob were always doing the 'one up'. I was in Larry's Sonic co-pilot and camcorded Runnin' Hot at about 100 plus.

I don't think Bob knew Larry had installed Nitrous in the Sonic and just after Bob passed us Larry hit the switch......

The rest is history. I saw that boat running triple digits like it was on RAILS, sold my Sonic, bought a 32 with HP 450s and 15 years later here we are.

Man, that turned out to be one expensive birthday party!

I wonder if I can find that VHS and convert it to a movie for the net.

Would love to see & hear that video. That was one loud boat!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
BIG Daddy Frank a few brings back some fun memories
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !1
Hey Billy, I had to laugh when I see these pics of the launch ramp. That's the launch in Seneca, just west of the big bridge.
I've launched my Fountain there once, what a nightmare. We launched a 42 Sonic there for some testing, and I never thought we'd ever get it back on the trailer again. LMAO.
Great pics Bill, see if ya got any more.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know a number i can call to contact the person sellin the hull of RUNNIN HOT
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Hey Billy, I had to laugh when I see these pics of the launch ramp. That's the launch in Seneca, just west of the big bridge.
I've launched my Fountain there once, what a nightmare. We launched a 42 Sonic there for some testing, and I never thought we'd ever get it back on the trailer again. LMAO.
Great pics Bill, see if ya got any more.
Hey BIG Daddy right on , morris too many DNR , the Seneca ramp has stops so you cant any decent size boat in so we get good ole Hidden Cove chit i dunk the Skater there every now & then & CHI TOWN HUSTLER launched ... Buy a FORD and you'll make it up the friggin ramp LOL
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire-all-pix-10-17-06-130.jpg  

Quick Reply: Running Hot is on ebay; caught on fire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.