Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cold air intake on f250 SD. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158663-cold-air-intake-f250-sd.html)

Velocity Tom 05-19-2007 02:53 PM

Cold air intake on f250 SD.

Anyone put one on there truck yet with a 6.0. Did it do anything?

Jassman 05-19-2007 03:17 PM

Go to the truck forum...

DRIVEN1 05-19-2007 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 2133422)
Anyone put one on there truck yet with a 6.0. Did it do anything?

I will let you know in a week. I just ordered the Banks Ram-Air intake and turbo bank exhaust last week. It is going to go with the Six-Gun that I have waiting for it. Mike

Velocity Tom 05-19-2007 04:38 PM

Im realy not looking for hp. but more mpg. I have a ford dealer for a customer, And thay have the 6.0s lined up for head gaskets. And its not cover under war. If it has been changed.

Jakkle5 05-19-2007 05:26 PM

The only intake proven to flow more than the stock unit is the afe stage 3. It retails around $500 and only flows about 50-60cfm more. Save your money.

Dean Ferry 05-19-2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 2133474)
Im realy not looking for hp. but more mpg. I have a ford dealer for a customer, And thay have the 6.0s lined up for head gaskets. And its not cover under war. If it has been changed.

Tom,
Same concern here with my 2006, I don't want void my warranty. And talking to everyone, just adding a cold air intake won't improve your mpg.
just my .02
Dean

articfriends 05-19-2007 06:54 PM

Make sure any filter you install (if you do it) has a multiple stages of filtration as single stage K&N type have been proven to have caused "dusting" of rings on ford diesels in some applications,not wirth the aggravation. Your probably not going to see a mileage gain either as your truck is most likely getting all the air it needs at part throttle already,Smitty

Jassman 05-20-2007 08:21 AM

Ive had 9 6.0's. By just adding a intake, you will actually see a performance loss on low end against a stock to stock run to about 70mph. After that you will only inch by the other stock truck by about 1/2 truck length. The factory filter is excellent for providing the perfect balance of filtration and breathing. NOW..if you add a cat back or turbo back exhaust and go with an SCT perf. tune, it's all relative. More air in and out mixed with the proper electronics works in harmony. My 07 dually tuned a 13.96 in its race tune, I use the aggressive stree tune and will run consistant 14.3's-4's, which is perfect for me. When I tow I just switch to the tow tune and tow what ever I want. The thing is not over abuse these trucks. They are trucks, not race cars. I see alot of people blowing trannies cause of poor electronics, where torque converters were not able to lock in, and hi temps in egt's due to over boosting causing puking, then engine gasket problems. My point is use them as a truck , enjoy the extra power, use it when needed, an occasional romp here and there, and they will last. To answer your Q. I have the mega 2 AFE. Turbo back cat delete into duals MBRP exhaust and a custom tuned SCT from Innvative Diesel. Good Luck. Jeff

www.dieselstop.com go to aftermarket 6.0 forum
www.innovativediesel.com talk with Eric for a custom tune