Full Canopies - Hot or Not?

Notices

Full Canopies - Hot or Not?

Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Funny you say that rigger ! Curty said you shuddered while you where in my seat for one of his joy rides.

Bye the way whear is the love ?
Thats not what he told me, he said I was the handsomest driver he's ever ran with! And he actually felt so confident he stood up at 100 plus to look at the roostertail, lol. Thanks a lot for stepping up to the plate, are you in for Tuesday @ the Oar? We are set to meet at 6:30. Thanks again.
Louie
Old 05-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I have done the APBA dunker test. It was in a very tight F1 outboard style dunker. Five point and steering wheel come off, then you slip out upside down in water. As for a cat at 150mph I would much rather be in a canopy boat with belts then an open cockpit at that speed. You will have no chance in an open boat. Same reason race boats switched to full canopy. I will take the slight risk of drowning versus being torn to shreds getting tossed out a boat.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I have done the APBA dunker test. It was in a very tight F1 outboard style dunker. Five point and steering wheel come off, then you slip out upside down in water. As for a cat at 150mph I would much rather be in a canopy boat with belts then an open cockpit at that speed. You will have no chance in an open boat. Same reason race boats switched to full canopy. I will take the slight risk of drowning versus being torn to shreds getting tossed out a boat.
I couldn't have said it better
Old 05-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Just don't go over in less than 6' of water. You need to have clearance to open the hatch.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron P
Just don't go over in less than 6' of water. You need to have clearance to open the hatch.
Thats for sure!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

It got up to 120 degrees in the race boat once idling around in the mill. The F-16 canopie also distorts your vision
Old 05-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Sounds like you know your stuff and are educated. Maybe more people will follow.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I want a canopy boat...

Stick w/ your canopy on your mobile home , you'll get laid more and save a ton of $$$$$$$!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Registered

Here are three boats I'm investigating:

the Shogren yellow Fountain. This one seems like it has a higher seating position, so I would guess its got better visibility.

the 38 on fountainpowerboats.com -- last year's Mikosukkee SV.

the two Phantom SVs.

Any opinions on these boats?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hmmmmmm all good boats. If you're about all out speed Fountain. Will at Phantom builds a great boat. I'd go w/ 6's and add big power later. The Phantom w/ 6's is a great boat. You'll be bitten by the bug and wind up racing! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Full Canopies - Hot or Not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.