Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So tell us what happened the first time you...... >

So tell us what happened the first time you......

Notices

So tell us what happened the first time you......

Old 01-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post So tell us what happened the first time you......

took your snowmobile out this year.

I am sitting here in southern NJ in 50 degree temps and having only seen a few flakes so far this year. I'm thinking about Shane and his whining for snow. SHANE are you happy or what? You boys in the Northern Mid west look like your under some serious snow.

If I am going to live in NJ then I want some cold weather and snow in the winter.

I WANT SNOW TOO!!!!!

Make it a good story fellas!
Old 01-16-2002, 12:45 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Thumbs down

I took one (1) ride this year. I trailered two (2) hours to ride. When we hit the trails they were BUMPY! I rode 100 (100) miles. BOTTOM LINE: 00' SRX $5800
Old 01-16-2002, 06:37 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
thus the reason our family went with ATV's. Snow, No snow, just don't matter

I do however wish it would snow. Heck if the temp is below 32, let it snow.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Nut
Registered

Wink

My first ride on each sled was to the front yard to put them for sale! Sold one quick the other I took a down payment. I think the guy must be waiting for snow before giving me the rest of the money. I also went with new 4-wheelers. I got the plow with my sportsman 500. Used it once so far. Alot faster then to old John Deere. This fall we went up to Tug Hill twice on the wheelers rode 80 plus miles each time. I was a little dirtier but a lot less tired then riding the same trails on the sleds.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Preferredstock

Started up the sled, made 2 laps around the yard and parked it. We have about 1 in on ground. But we are suppose to get 2 inches today. Still not enough

Bill

Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up

I`ve been riding for a couple of weeks right out of my yard Upper Maine has a decent amount of snow at this time. If you are looking for some good riding try Eustis Maine. My buddy did over 300 miles last weekend. Today I am going out with some friends for the day. The lake SEEMS solid enough I`m sure its fine at 100 mph!
Really love my 2001 Arctic Cat ZRT800
If you looking to ride try Maine!
www.sledmaine.com

Kurt.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

Here's a good one !
First ride this year was between Christmas and New years.
My girlfriend and I went to my cabin ,well there was not enough snow there to ride. We get ahold of some friends and decide to trailer 30 miles west ,supposedly they had 2 feet of fresh snow.
Well we get the convoy going, we all stop and get some grinders for lunch.
We finally get to the trail head and start going. My girlfriend has never ridden before so I was a little nervous. Well we hit the trail and it was so rough I was ready to turn back ! After about 5 miles of that my stomach started to feel funny... well the grinder was ready to exit ! Another 10 miles and we finally get to a smooth trail. It is another 10 miles to the bar we were headed for , I told everyone that I had a problem and was going to ride pretty hard to get there.
We head out on the trail and I'm cruising around 65-75 and I look back to check on everyone and to my surprise ,my girl was hanging right with me. Well after a few mile I look back again and noone is there. I turn around and about a mile back everyone is standing around my friends sled with the hood up. Well the motor is locked up , I'm like great what now ??! At about that same time I'm hit with some serious stomach cramps. I told everyone that I had to GO and gave them directions. I had never felt that bad before in my life! I was sweating my ass off hammering down the trial.
I ended up just barely making it to the resturant in time! Later when everyone hooked up we had some good laughs ! We rode a total of 50 miles.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:49 PM
Registered

Me and a few friends rode all day today!We left around 9 am right from my front door The trails were very nice and the groomer was out early this morn so most of the trails hadn`t been ridden yet The lakes and ponds were very slushy but we just kept the throttle pegged,although it is a little nerve wracking when you are 1/4 mi off shore and you are on open water
A huge deer ran across the trail right in front of me It was so big at first I thought it was a horse! Man, what a blast, we rode 80 miles of mostly single track tight trails through the woods. I really like my 01 Arctic Cat ZRT 800, It rocks! At the end of the day a one of the guys 600 Polaris siezed up tight as a drum when we reached the end of the lake! At least it didn`t happen on the middle of the slushy lake!
Anyone else doing some thrashin?

Kurt.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Kurt who was that????
Old 01-17-2002, 06:59 AM
Registered

Jon, it was a guy that used to have a cabin at long lake acres. His sled blew up ut he was happy as hell to have made it off that slushy lake
Kurt.

Quick Reply: So tell us what happened the first time you......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.