Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Daytona PR pics..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/158926-daytona-google-page-ranking-pics.html)

thisistank 05-23-2007 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2137856)
The signs may be far apart, but there are no open running areas that I've seen on it. I think when you see a 30mph sign, it's in effect until you see one that states otherwise. I've never seen one posted, other than idle zones.

I'm no expert (only did this one run) but there are several area's that are slow (minimum wake or no wake) zones that are posted as you're running.

Law Enforcement was EVERYWHERE!! Like they planned to bust people for speeding through the no wake areas.

We ran past a few LE boats at high speeds and never got a dirty look. I think theres definately parts that are not speed controled along the way.

BADA BING 05-23-2007 02:57 PM

Cool Pics T, thanks for sharing...looks like you guys had a great time :cool:

CAVelocity 05-23-2007 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2137492)
If I'm not mistaken, it's a 30 mph speed zone from Daytona all the way to St Augustine. I know it is from Ponce Inlet to well past Palm Coast.

Its 30mph up to a little past Ormond (not usually enforced!!).... then it opens up. There is an idle zone for the bridge at Flager, and another for the bridge at Crescent Beach. I've done it a couple of times in 1 hour without pushing it too hard.

Strip Poker 388 05-23-2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2138018)
Ahhh, yea, you know I was noticing that when we were running but they were both doing it and Phil didn't seem to worry about it.

Its looks like its on about 40-45psi:eek:

Hey Tank what motors are in it? Merc 600 or 700's Nice #'s:drink:

Jupiter Sunsation 05-23-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2137856)
The signs may be far apart, but there are no open running areas that I've seen on it. I think when you see a 30mph sign, it's in effect until you see one that states otherwise. I've never seen one posted, other than idle zones.

The open areas are north of Highbridge road, sign says "Resume Normal Safe Operation", in the Mantanzas area it drops to 30 MPH then after the Cresent bridge it "Resumes"

I was pulled over in the Ormond area for 63 in a 30. Guy offered a no muffler ticket or speed both $63. I said muffler ticket. They were setting up for the DPR last year and I happened to be heading to the start so I got the first ticket. We regrouped and headed outside instead, cop was waiting for nothing!

lucky strike 05-23-2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2138251)
The open areas are north of Highbridge road, sign says "Resume Normal Safe Operation", in the Mantanzas area it drops to 30 MPH then after the Cresent bridge it "Resumes"

I was pulled over in the Ormond area for 63 in a 30. Guy offered a no muffler ticket or speed both $63. I said muffler ticket. They were setting up for the DPR last year and I happened to be heading to the start so I got the first ticket. We regrouped and headed outside instead, cop was waiting for nothing!

If you don't want to be pulled over in a poker run stay in the middle of the pack.... Not the 1st boat & not the last boat :D

thisistank 05-23-2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2138080)
Its looks like its on about 40-45psi:eek:

Hey Tank what motors are in it? Merc 600 or 700's Nice #'s:drink:

600's...In regards to the water pressure subject here is the answer straight from the source....

"The water pressure in my opinion its too high. But Mercury wants it that high. Merc 600s, 700s, 850s and 1075s require high water pressure or alarms go off. Minimum 24 to 27 psi at wide open, or alarms go off. You must have a minimum of 18 psi at cruising speeds. The Gladiator runs 18-20 psi at cruising speed and 30-35 psi at w.o.t. Its a lot but that's what they want.

Phil "