Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Court Ruling Could Kill Boating???? What is this CRAP!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159044-court-ruling-could-kill-boating-what-crap.html)

88formula223 05-23-2007 05:12 PM

Court Ruling Could Kill Boating???? What is this CRAP!!

http://www.boattest.com/nmma.aspx

What the heck is wrong with judges these days most of them are idiots

F-in California trying to set the rules for the country again

bouyhunter 05-23-2007 05:36 PM

I remember it being a big issue with Int'l commercial vessels on the Great lakes about 10 yrs. ago.
They were worried about the infestation of Zebra Mussels.
I've been out of that area for 5-6 yrs. now, but it didn't seem to harm anything - maybe even helped the water.
The Zebra Mussels actually wound up cleaning up the water pretty well, and I don't think they have turned into any big harm since then.

Maybe some of the Erie guys can chime in on the current conditions up there.

The problem we have here, is everyone thinks they are put in a position to "create" laws.
NO, That's not what you were elected for.
You were elected to "uphold the law".

Every time you turn around, someone wants a new law...:rolleyes:

TeamTaboo 05-23-2007 05:59 PM

The Zebra Mussels caused all sorts of problems with water intakes. It cost millions to keep them clean. We need to kill this as soon as possible send in your letters

satisfactionII 05-23-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 88formula223 (Post 2138197)
http://www.boattest.com/nmma.aspx

What the heck is wrong with judges these days most of them are idiots

F-in California trying to set the rules for the country again

I worked 14 years for the Federal courts and probably met more than 100 federal judges and worked personally with 32 of them. They are idiots. Egotistical, self-centered idiots. Only one, Judge Ellison in the 10th District court in Tulsa was what I would call a sane and normal person. It's sad because these men and women are appointed for life.

I did send the e-mails to my senators and congresman. Hope this crappy law gets changed for the better.

TexomaPowerboater 05-23-2007 06:30 PM

September 2006 - and were just now hearing about this.....

I don't think they have the resources.

New laws in the country are a severe threat to our fundamental freedoms......... GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!

bouyhunter 05-23-2007 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo (Post 2138254)
The Zebra Mussels caused all sorts of problems with water intakes. It cost millions to keep them clean.

I wasn't sure what all it affected, but I do know it seemed to clean the water up quite a bit.
Maybe the upgrades to the water intakes was necessary to keep up the quality of the water, in a round-about way.

bcschoe 05-23-2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2138287)

New laws in the country are a severe threat to our fundamental freedoms......... GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!

We have been working this issue since August of 2006. This is not unlike many other laws /regulations written is US code. Typically the enforement will be left to the department to figure out. There are currently many U.S. Coast Guard laws which go un-enforeced because they are admittedly impracticle and un-enforceable.

88formula223 05-23-2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2138287)

exactly

Steve_H 05-23-2007 08:38 PM

In September, 2006, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a 34-year-old exemption for recreational boats from an EPA regulation intended to stop ballast water discharge from ocean-going freighters and tankers in U.S. waters.

If a higher court or the U.S. Congress does not act, 18 million boats will be required to have special EPA permits that couls cost $800 or more.

the EPA must need more money to waste:rolleyes:

88formula223 05-24-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H (Post 2138435)
In September, 2006, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a 34-year-old exemption for recreational boats from an EPA regulation intended to stop ballast water discharge from ocean-going freighters and tankers in U.S. waters.

If a higher court or the U.S. Congress does not act, 18 million boats will be required to have special EPA permits that couls cost $800 or more.

the EPA must need more money to waste:rolleyes:

From what I read it seems the EPA is against this Bullshti