Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 Rookers : Sunday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/159127-3-rookers-sunday.html)

Wardey 05-24-2007 01:21 PM

3 Rookers : Sunday

We are planning to get some boats together for Sunday at 3 Rookers.....probably on the south end and depending on the wind on the outside or ??? Anyone out stop by and say hey. Dave

UNSANE 05-24-2007 01:49 PM

Where is that at? Looks like I'm heading to Egmont for Sat., but I wouldn't mind coming over for Sunday and checking out the Clearwater area. I found the big boatramp in Clearwater on the Google Earth.

Wardey 05-24-2007 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rookers is north of Clearwater. It's the island south of Anclote off of Palm Harbor. Dave

Shooter 05-24-2007 02:32 PM

I'll miss it - surf trip to Cabo this week coming up.

NOMOGOFAST 05-24-2007 03:06 PM

What time are you going out? Going to the sand bar north of anclote saturday, maybe will come down there Sunday.

Wardey 05-24-2007 03:24 PM

Probably around 11:00 till when ever. Dave

FeverMike 05-24-2007 09:53 PM

Sounds fun Wardy...that is a bit of a trip for me from Apollo Beach...I might do it...not sure though.

Wardey 05-25-2007 07:36 AM

Mike, Bring it up...I still havn't seen the Fountain yet. Dave

Loan Ranger 05-25-2007 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wardey (Post 2139454)
Probably around 11:00 till when ever. Dave

See you there.

Loan Ranger 05-25-2007 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2139319)
Where is that at? Looks like I'm heading to Egmont for Sat., but I wouldn't mind coming over for Sunday and checking out the Clearwater area. I found the big boatramp in Clearwater on the Google Earth.

Gregg,
Hope you can make it.

Wardey 05-25-2007 07:42 AM

Hopefully we can get Joe with the fish cat to tote out some grills and food. Dave:D

UNSANE 05-25-2007 09:40 AM

I am coming over Sat to the Desoto ramp. I've told my peeps that we're leaving O town at 8am!!!:eek:

Sunday, the plan is to come to the Clearwater ramp and we might stay the night. I'll have to see about my camping supplies. Do they have issues with camping at 3 rookers?
Kyle, look forward to meeting you. Now you can see firsthand the money pit. :evilb:

Wardey 05-25-2007 09:55 AM

Rookers used to allow camping but the bird nuts took the island over and made it a bird sanc. People still camp out there with bon fires and they don't seem to have a problem with it. There are alot of spoil islands close by where you can camp, or go into Caladesi and tie up and sleep on the boat. Look for a 35 Sea Ray, a Fish Cat, a couple ofBaja's, a Sonic, my Extreme and others. Dave

FeverMike 05-25-2007 09:57 AM

Trying to talk the wife into it...it;s going to be a big fuel expense!:(

Wardey 05-25-2007 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2140320)
Trying to talk the wife into it...it;s going to be a big fuel expense!:(

Just run one engine !!!!:D Dave

dirtlawyer 05-25-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2139319)

a bunch of us will be rafted up off the east side of Egmont on Saturday... Look for a white 30' outboard cat with yellow/purple and a white/black 38 Donzi center console wtih triple 300's... that'll be us... should be there around noon or so.

UNSANE 05-25-2007 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look for this, I hope to be in the water by 11 or so.

Wardey 05-25-2007 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll be in this Extreme. Dave

Wardey 05-25-2007 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a couple of other boats that will be there. Dave

FeverMike 05-25-2007 09:34 PM

Usane, I might and most likely will make it out to Eggmont. I have to go right by Ft. Desoto so if you want to follow me let me know.
Mike
813-335-2937 cell

UNSANE 05-25-2007 09:37 PM

Boat is ready to go! Heading to Egmont tomorrow. Just bought the charts for my Garmin too. From the Desoto ramp, is it safe to head west? Or should I go east towards the bay?

Sunday, I'm making plans to stay over at Caladesi. Website said they have shorepower there. That's cool. At least I can plug in a fan!:D

I see the Clearwater ramp has fresh water. Bring my own hose? What about Desoto, any freshwater there?

throttleup 05-25-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wardey (Post 2140603)
I'll be in this Extreme. Dave

Nice hot rod ya got there!:evilb:

Julie

throttleup 05-25-2007 09:42 PM

Gregg you will have the best time with Mike and Dave. Both guys are as good as they come! Have a great and SAFE weekend guys!

Julie

FeverMike 05-25-2007 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2141001)
Boat is ready to go! Heading to Egmont tomorrow. Just bought the charts for my Garmin too. From the Desoto ramp, is it safe to head west? Or should I go east towards the bay?

Sunday, I'm making plans to stay over at Caladesi. Website said they have shorepower there. That's cool. At least I can plug in a fan!:D

I see the Clearwater ramp has fresh water. Bring my own hose? What about Desoto, any freshwater there?

Heading West out that little pass can be tricky. I have done it a few times and found my self following my chart plotter and running in 1-2ft of water. Stay on plane baby! Safer to go out to the bay and around.

UNSANE 05-25-2007 09:53 PM

that's why I asked, I saw the shallow area just outside, I think I'll Head East!

UNSANE 05-25-2007 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by throttleup (Post 2141008)
Gregg you will have the best time with Mike and Dave. Both guys are as good as they come! Have a great and SAFE weekend guys!

Julie

got my prop today and put it on. Will let you know next week. Boat is very heavy right now. :drink:

UNSANE 05-27-2007 12:46 AM

I am just now back and done with boat cleaning etc... I am beat the F up!!! Man it was nasty coming back into the bay. I'm not going to push myself tomorrow, I will wake up when I wake up and play it by ear. I am mentally motivated to get over there, but we'll see how my body feels. I destroyed my onboard cooler today and blew off one of my trim pump caps (that explains the brown stuff in the bilge) :D At best I might make it later on in the day and will dock overnight at Caladesi. I hope the Clearwater ramp won't be full:eek:

I did meet some people today (including Fevermike) and was rafted 2 boats away from an OL (39 GTX I think) with a pair of Illmors:evilb:

If I don't make it tomorrow, rest assured that I will be back over that way in the future. That is an awesome place to own any kind of boat!

DRIVEN1 05-27-2007 07:07 AM

a white/black 38 Donzi center console wtih triple 300's... that'll be us...

Off your guys topic but how does this boat run? If he got it from Lightning Bay I was supposed to get a ride on it but never did. Happy with the speed of the triple 300xs instead of triple 275 verados? Hope you guys have fun today. Mike

Wardey 05-27-2007 07:13 AM

Thanks for the kind words Julie. Luv's ya man.

Driven, we will look out for you. Don't forget, today is the famous Womens Club Rum Punch Challenge. If you don't know what that is, it's everyone makes a rum punch and get's voted......I'm sorry but it's just a bunch of beautiful women in bikinis (sometimes) cranked up on rum punch !!!:D :D :drink: Dave

UNSANE 05-27-2007 08:12 AM

Ok, the women and bikini thing just might be too much to resist. I'm up and getting ready. My cell is 407-325-5756
I will be on the lookout.

Wardey 05-29-2007 07:19 AM

Great time !!! Greg, nice to meet you. Kyle, we came back out on Monday with the shki but you must have already left. Who had the Don Smith out there ??? NICE !!!! Dave

Loan Ranger 05-29-2007 08:48 AM

We were at the middle of the island just south of the cut till 3:00 then headed in for a BBQ. Enjoyed seeing you guys on Sunday.

Wardey 05-29-2007 09:13 AM

We didn't get out there till around 4: 30.....Jenn was mad at me 'cause I didn't get her out in time for the ribs:D We went looking for a flats boat in the am. Dave

UNSANE 05-29-2007 11:39 AM

I woke up around 7am..........why? I don't know. And decided to head out on an AM cruise outside. I checked out Caladesi island and went to the ramp to move my truck closer. It was parked on the street a few blocks away and someone hit one of my guide posts, but only broke the u bolt. I kept running around until my fuel was getting low (77.6 on my 26"B1.....not bad) and took out around 11 am or so. What a nightmare that ramp is! I can't wait to get back that way sometime and Kyle, thanks for the hospitality!

Wardey 05-29-2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE (Post 2143540)
I woke up around 7am..........why? I don't know. And decided to head out on an AM cruise outside. I checked out Caladesi island and went to the ramp to move my truck closer. It was parked on the street a few blocks away and someone hit one of my guide posts, but only broke the u bolt. I kept running around until my fuel was getting low (77.6 on my 26"B1.....not bad) and took out around 11 am or so. What a nightmare that ramp is! I can't wait to get back that way sometime and Kyle, thanks for the hospitality!

Let me know the next time, I will guide you to a better place to put in and leave your truck/trailer. The ramp at Memeorial is nice but what a nightmare especially on a Memorial Day weekend....Dave