My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina >

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Notices

My expensive lesson at Lake Cumberland Marina

Old 06-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps it could be argued that while this grievance may be small, the topic is high profile ,with 6,227 views at the moment.

Further,it could be argued that while LCM stands nothing to gain by responding they do stand to lose by putting themselves above it all. I'm of the opinion this board doesn't tolerate contempt. In fact ,do to the population of viewers on this topic ,how could LCM buy better advertising ,subject to their response ?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
This thread is interesting and informative and I think we all learned a lesson from your experience. Ive been to a dealer to check out a boat that was misrepresented like yours, but all it cost me was a drive across town, it happens, too often, but unfortunatly thats part of the marine industry.
Not just Marine, anytime something is pre-owned and a trade in is involved.

What if the roles were reversed? Lets say LCM's boat was as described but the trade in wasn't. I am sure that happens a lot as well. For all dealers in the retail indusrty.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of years ago I was looking for a new boat. Found a Larry Smith Scarab that I was interested in located in Florida.
The seller assuredd me it was "real clean" no scratches, mechanically perfect etc. I got on a plane and flew from Chicago to Florida to check it out and put the deal together. The boat was a total P.O.S.. I was disappointed ,but learned a lesson. If I had to do it again, I would have one of my OSO brothers check it out first before going any further .
Steve
Old 06-02-2007, 07:54 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Everyone has a different opinion of what is good and what is not when it comes to anything we buy.

Yea but do you ever notice when some one is the "seller" its always clean clean clean. Its a joke how some people bullchit you about the condition like your not going to realize it when you get there in person to see it!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand LCM's no response on the net but I also understand Tony's willingness to start the thread. Most grievances like this should be taken care of in a private manner but they do educate us in the aspects of bidness dealings and human nature.

My expeirence in purchasing the 3 boats I have owned all worked out good. My last one was with a dealer that had a good reputation and all I expected was a clean used boat.

Tony, I hope you next venture into boat purchasing turns good for you and LCM, keep on keeping on.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess we can consider this a lesson learned. Should have had a survey done or had someone look at the boat before you hauled your boat over there. There was another thread awhile back by a guy who didn't get a survey on a LCM boat and the engines were completely different than what he thought they were( I can't speculate on how they were advertised). That being said, no business in the world can give you a check for your expenses because you didn't buy their product, so don't hold your breath waiting. The words "success", "rich" and "extra clean" are all subjective and are defined differently by everyone. Good luck with the other boat.